You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0502 (resized).jpg
IMG_3622 (resized).JPG
IMG_3620 (resized).JPG
IMG_3617 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lhammer610.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

For anyone who has installed the lighting kit WOZ 2.0, maybe you have run into this:

Am trying to figure out part of step 18). I called JJP and left a message but it is late on a Wednesday afternoon here in the USA east.

"Locate the USB cable running from the back of the CPU board to J800 on the I/O board. Pull both ends of the cable loose (at the CPU board and the I/O board), remove the cable from the PCB chassis harness and discard it."

On my WOZ, the cable for J800 and JUSB are the same cable. It is a double cable (Y-cable) that connects directly into the mother board of the CPU. [See photo with the circle around the connector for the dual USB cable to the CPU mother board.]

As I under stand the directions, they are assuming that the USB cables go to the USB connections on the back of the CPU board (which is accessed outside the metal box on my model).

And I assume that they do not want both J800 and JUSB disconnected?

So I just disconnect J800 and leave that end lying free inside the box? Perhaps tape / shrink-wrap the end?

Or run a second USB cable from the back of the CPU into JUSB (JUSB is a mini-USB connector - don't have one of those lying around)?

IMG_3617 (resized).JPGIMG_3617 (resized).JPG
#5 5 years ago

I put shrink tubing around the end of the unused mini-USB connector and tied it to the one being used. Thanks for your suggestions.

I had some concern about location and mounting of the new power supply. I ended up buying 2" brackets. Metric screws fit better than the 8-32 they recommended. I could not find 1/4" (6mm) so I used 8mm and washers. If I mounted the power supply on the bottom of the cabinet, the brackets jammed the power supply agains the wall blocking the power supply fan. So I mounted it to the back wall below the vents, hoping that it does not interfere with anything hanging from the playfield - I believe I am good there.

Castle playfield off now, then Munchkin land. Connect the plugs and stand back....

IMG_3620 (resized).JPGIMG_3620 (resized).JPGIMG_3622 (resized).JPGIMG_3622 (resized).JPG
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I mounted mine to the side wall.
[quoted image]

Ha! That would have worked even better. I did not notice those screw holes on the bottom, only on the side. The side ones have the special hazard that if the screws are too long, they go right into the circuit board. And you can see the wire connectors in your way. I will have to look to see if mine has those holes.

Now I need shorter brackets. Off to the hardware store!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lhammer610.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-woz-20?tu=lhammer610 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.