• Latest reply 8 years ago by Mike_M
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160221_180949.jpg

#1 8 years ago

I had a broken rollover star insert on my 1971 Gottlieb Home Run. Following a separate thread on PinSide I had no trouble removing the broken insert with a little bit of heat and then tapping it out with a socket. I also had no issues installing the new insert. Now I'm stuck trying to get the white star into the new insert. The mushroomed tip of the star simply won't go into the center hole of the insert no matter how much pressure I put on it. Is there something simple I'm missing? I assumed it would have popped right in with a bit of pressure.

(The attached picture is of another insert I haven't installed yet; just wanted to illustrate where it gets stuck.)

Thanks,
Mike

IMG_20160221_180949.jpgIMG_20160221_180949.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Should have mentioned that the new inserts/stars came together as a set; I'm not trying to install the old star in a new insert.

#3 8 years ago

You need to pop out the red area where the whit star fits from the bottom. Press it with a screwdriver and it will come right out. Then put the white star in.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Hugo:

You need to pop out the red area where the whit star fits from the bottom. Press it with a screwdriver and it will come right out. Then put the white star in.

Doh! Of course it would be that simple That worked, thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Tom's Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
$ 19.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-replacement-star-insert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.