(Topic ID: 86599)

Installing Pinbits Trek Prem/LE Po Bumper Mod (or removing Vengeance assembly)

By docquest

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

step 0 most essential tool.JPG
plate sticker crash position.JPG
starfield sticker.JPG
pinbits pop bumber add ons.JPG
step 6 vengeance left side screw.JPG
step 5 vengeance right side screws.JPG
step 4 remove right side plastics.JPG
step 3 vengenace screws under plate.JPG
step 2 vengeance plate back screws.JPG
step 1 vengenace plate front screws.JPG
pinbits pop dress up.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I ordered the Pinbits Star Trek pop bumper mod and here are some pics that others may find helpful. I was having trouble using the "cheat" that Pinbits described on their site so I just removed the Vengeance assembly to get better access to the pop bumper that is partially obstructed by the Vengeance assembly. I saw other posts where others were wondering how to remove the Vengeance assembly so this may help them as well.

There is a pro and a Prem/LE version of the pop bumper mod. The mode consists of blue tinted plastic inserts that install betwenn the pop bumper base and the pop bumper cap and they will glow along the edges when the LED's are on. Also included are some bright blue LED's to replace the white ones used by Stern and longer screws to re-assemble the pop bumper cap. These are needed since the caps are now spaced a little higher up than they were from the factory. The LE/Prem version has slighter modified insert to allow it to fit under the Vengeance assembly. This post will show how I installed the mod under the hard to reach bumper under the vengeance.

pinbits pop dress up.JPGpinbits pop dress up.JPG

First step is to remove the flat plate under the vengeance. There are two screws in the front that need to be removed.

step 1 vengenace plate front screws.JPGstep 1 vengenace plate front screws.JPG

Followed by 4 screws. I found it easier to remove the screws with he Vengeance pushed forward in the crash position. the two back left screws also hold down a clear plastic. When you reassemble it the screw with the flat washer goes towards over the bare plastic while the screw with the star washer goes witht eh one that also secures the cable tie.

step 2 vengeance plate back screws.JPGstep 2 vengeance plate back screws.JPG

Once the flat plate is removed you will have access to the two screws under it.

step 3 vengenace screws under plate.JPGstep 3 vengenace screws under plate.JPG

Next you need to remove the last two screws. To get access to the right side screw you'll need to first remove the plastics assembly secured by 3 screws. If you also have a plastics protector set this is a good time to install it on this piece.

step 4 remove right side plastics.JPGstep 4 remove right side plastics.JPG

You can now get access tot he right side screw.

step 5 vengeance right side screws.JPGstep 5 vengeance right side screws.JPG

Now the last screw is on the left side into a post.

step 6 vengeance left side screw.JPGstep 6 vengeance left side screw.JPG

Now you should be able to carefully move the whole Vengeance assembly enough to give you clear access to the pop bumper under it. The Pinbits inserts just go between the pop bumper body and the cap. I really like the blue LED's. Even if you don't mod I think switching over to blue looks nicer than the stock white that were in my machine.

pinbits pop bumber add ons.JPGpinbits pop bumber add ons.JPG

While I had the plate off I installed a star field sticker on it. I tried to find the post of the pinsider who made these but I couldn't find it. It probably wouldn't even be noticed by most people since its mostly covered but I think it looks cool and blends in with the rest of the play field art nicely.

starfield sticker.JPGstarfield sticker.JPG

plate sticker crash position.JPGplate sticker crash position.JPG

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Very helpful. Removing the Vengeance can be intimidating.
I might mention to be careful when removing the plastic over the pop bumpers. It is easy to have the little spacers fall loose and drop to neverland. There is also a metal washer under the plastic that is easily dropped when the plastic is removed.
Question? At this point can the entire Vengeance assembly be removed after disconnecting the cables?

That's why I have this tool. Very handy whenever you are disassembling things on the play field.

step 0 most essential tool.JPGstep 0 most essential tool.JPG

As far as removing the vengeance goes I don't know if it can be removed at that point, I assume it can if the wiring is disconnected. I only needed to move it a little to get access tot he pop bumper cap screw on the far left bumper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-pinbits-trek-premle-po-bumper-mod-or-removing-vengeance-assembly?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.