Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by comrep
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Does anyone have experience with the Nayax readers on Spike 2 Sterns? Would love to see the wiring of an installed one or a quick walkthrough on the wiring.

#2 1 year ago

KIOSOFT is plug and play and you only need data, NOT wifi. id send it back and get kiosoft. much easier.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

KIOSOFT is plug and play and you only need data, NOT wifi. id send it back and get kiosoft. much easier.

This doesn’t need WiFi. In any case, just looking for a wiring walkthrough if anyone has it.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from madamyates:

This doesn’t need WiFi. In any case, just looking for a wiring walkthrough if anyone has it.

Interesting. I kinda like their system.
    Looking into it (manual here: https://www.livewellvending.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/VPOS-Touch-User-Manual.pdf ) you would need to connect PULSE1 through PULSE6 (depending on your configuration) to the game's coin inputs. Configure the device then to give 'x' pulses on PULSE1 (for example) for every dollar/value, and then configure Stern's pricing to 'think' that 1 pulse is 1 credit. (Again, varying on how you configure the reader..)

#5 1 year ago

On second thought, Nayax support is garbage. Going with Kiosoft.

#6 1 year ago

We run card readers on photo booths and cigarette machines (yea, I still sell them). We run USA Technologies/Cantaloupe. They’re horrible to deal with. I’ve tried for 18 months to get someone from Nayax to call me back about changing all my readers and I’ve never got a reply. I’m going to assume the Nayax is similar to the USA reader in that you’ll need a pulse adapter and have to set your pulse rate from and operator website?

#7 1 year ago

I’ve installed one on a jjp machine. I had to make the harness and I’m guessing you’ll have to do the same.

#8 1 year ago

Pulse common is your ground. FYI.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I’m going to assume the Nayax is similar to the USA reader in that you’ll need a pulse adapter and have to set your pulse rate from and operator website?

The manual I found for one of the readers had Pulse config built in (wire outputs for pulsing) - however, I did NOT get into HOW it was programmed, so that may be true..

1 week later
    #10 1 year ago
    Quoted from madamyates:

On second thought, Nayax support is garbage. Going with Kiosoft.

lmk if you have any questions on kiosoft. i have them on many of my games and a kiosk with game cards.

3 months later
    #11 10 months ago

I have Nayax on our mini cranes and it's working great so far. I'm on a discord channel for these cranes and there is a Nayax tech that posts there. Every question I had and even adding new units he's been able to fix for me within 10 mins. I came to this thread because I'm trying to figure out how to wire Nayax into my newer pins but still keep coin/DBA on it. I want to have all 3 options and Nayax has a great auditing report you can access from your phone real time. It's excellent in that respect. I have a coinup account and looking at earnings reports for buck hunter it days a day to compile the earnings. Nayax is real time almost.

1 week later
    #12 10 months ago

kiosoft is way more expensive.

#13 10 months ago
    Quoted from rue_:

kiosoft is way more expensive.

its under 250 for one reader, the more you buy the less $$ they are. no splicing, plug and play connections.

1 week later
    #14 10 months ago

How did you mount the Kiosoft reader? The sales rep says I can remove a coin button/bezel off one of the coin slots and it will mount there and wires through the hold left but I'm not seeing that the bolt holes line up on new Stern.

#15 10 months ago

its under 250 for one reader, the more you buy the less $$ they are. no splicing, plug and play connections.

I was quoted like $300ish for the reader, $300ish for the modem. So $600ish for it all, $19.99 service fee and 6% swipe.
    Nayax is cell so I don't need wifi or anything. $360 one unit with it all included, $7.95 a month service fee, 5.95% swipe.

I have both I told Kiosoft I'd try their unit so I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to a new Iron Maiden now without drilling holes in the coin box.

#16 10 months ago
    Quoted from rue_:

I was quoted like $300ish for the reader, $300ish for the modem. So $600ish for it all, $19.99 service fee and 6% swipe.
    Nayax is cell so I don't need wifi or anything. $360 one unit with it all included, $7.95 a month service fee, 5.95% swipe.
    I have both I told Kiosoft I'd try their unit so I'm trying to figure out how to mount it to a new Iron Maiden now without drilling holes in the coin box.

you remove the DBV plate and install it there. use your own brackets inside if need be. i use muffler hanging metal and cut to size. ive installed many on sterns and other pins. no drilling or removing of coin units needed.
    i bought 20 plus readers at once and they were 250 each. modem connects to 16 games. so i have 2 modems and more than 20 machines at a location. it uses whatever cell phone service i want, i chose Verizon as the tower is close by.

#17 10 months ago

Sure would be nice if pins ran MDB for DBA so you could just use the Crane/MEI bezel and have DBA and CC in one unit. The Crane/MEI is the superior device to all.

#18 10 months ago

you remove the DBV plate and install it there. use your own brackets inside if need be. i use muffler hanging metal and cut to size. ive installed many on sterns and other pins. no drilling or removing of coin units needed.
    i bought 20 plus readers at once and they were 250 each. modem connects to 16 games. so i have 2 modems and more than 20 machines at a location. it uses whatever cell phone service i want, i chose Verizon as the tower is close by.

Ya that's an easy solution if you don't want the bill acceptor. I want all 3. I tried to remove one coin slot/mech but stern uses tiny bolts that dig into the plastic and none of my sockets can get it out. Some factory worker hit the bolt with a impact gun set to infinity.
    My next plan was to drill the two holes I need at the space above the bill acceptor slot but the MEI DBA mounts almost flush to the inside of the coin door so getting the wiring would require a 3rd hole I don't want to drill plus smooshed wires. Sucks I really want the all 3 option here. My Nayax readers in the wild do very little CC sales and I'm in rural MT. I mainly have them as another option to pay and to audit plays from my phone. I have full DBA's at some bars on the 15th of the month.

#19 10 months ago
    Quoted from rue_:

Ya that's an easy solution if you don't want the bill acceptor. I want all 3. I tried to remove one coin slot/mech but stern uses tiny bolts that dig into the plastic and none of my sockets can get it out. Some factory worker hit the bolt with a impact gun set to infinity.
    My next plan was to drill the two holes I need at the space above the bill acceptor slot but the MEI DBA mounts almost flush to the inside of the coin door so getting the wiring would require a 3rd hole I don't want to drill plus smooshed wires. Sucks I really want the all 3 option here. My Nayax readers in the wild do very little CC sales and I'm in rural MT. I mainly have them as another option to pay and to audit plays from my phone. I have DBA's installed on all my pins at some bars and they're full on the 15th of the month. I don't know what would happen if we took away that option but I definitely don't want more coin and 3 CC sales at the end of the month

#20 10 months ago
    Quoted from rue_:

My next plan was to drill the two holes I need at the space above the bill acceptor slot but the MEI DBA mounts almost flush to the inside of the coin door so getting the wiring would require a 3rd hole I don't want to drill plus smooshed wires. Sucks I really want the all 3 option here. My Nayax readers in the wild do very little CC sales and I'm in rural MT. I mainly have them as another option to pay and to audit plays from my phone. I have full DBA's at some bars on the 15th of the month.

Those coin doors are cheap and easy to swap. Drill away. If you’re worried about resale value, order a new blank door from Happ when you sell the machine. The screws that hold all the coin mechs to the door are 3/16”. You can use a 1/4” nylon spacer on the DBA mount to give enough clearance for the hardware and harness should you want to mount the reader above the DBA.

I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned it here, but another option could be PayRange. We looked at their system years ago, but in the end couldn’t integrate them onto old National 222’s running Lutech, so we didn’t buy any. Affordable device. Cheaper fees. Has some negatives, but shit, they all do.

#21 10 months ago
    Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Those coin doors are cheap and easy to swap. Drill away. If you’re worried about resale value, order a new blank door from Happ when you sell the machine. The screws that hold all the coin mechs to the door are 3/16”. You can use a 1/4” nylon spacer on the DBA mount to give enough clearance for the hardware and harness should you want to mount the reader above the DBA.
    I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned it here, but another option could be PayRange. We looked at their system years ago, but in the end couldn’t integrate them onto old National 222’s running Lutech, so we didn’t buy any. Affordable device. Cheaper fees. Has some negatives, but shit, they all do.

All good points...I did find payrange last night which is interesting. The only thing I don't like is you have to download their app and load money onto it or whatever. I don't think I would do that and I'm a hardcore pinball player. I would use a normal cc reader like Nayax or Kiosoft. Right now I'm just fighting internally over drilling some extra holes into a coin door vs. getting exactly what I want on a machine. In my eyes having all options open is the best way to have it setup. I stopped typing to answer a call from Payrange. I think we will add them to our machines since they are so cheap and give that option as well but we still want a reader too.

#22 10 months ago
    Quoted from rue_:

All good points...I did find payrange last night which is interesting. The only thing I don't like is you have to download their app and load money onto it or whatever. I don't think I would do that and I'm a hardcore pinball player. I would use a normal cc reader like Nayax or Kiosoft. Right now I'm just fighting internally over drilling some extra holes into a coin door vs. getting exactly what I want on a machine. In my eyes having all options open is the best way to have it setup. I stopped typing to answer a call from Payrange. I think we will add them to our machines since they are so cheap and give that option as well but we still want a reader too.

I’ve spoken with some full line vending operators that use payrange. Device plugs inline of DBA. Once your customer base learns it, they really use it. And, since you’d run pulse, you wouldn’t have to worry about a payrange site for managing revenue reports-the device pulses a credit line and the machine’s soft meter counts it as income

#23 10 months ago

So I got it all connected tonight to a new Iron Maiden. Compared to Nayax, Kiosoft is a nightmare. No instructions in the boxes. Sales person I'm working with sent some links that are super complex, way more than needed. As I'm reading the pages there are hyperlinks you can click. I click them to read more and get hit with a login screen for drop box. So they are gatekeeping the instructions. Awesome!
    The jest of this is you unplug the 9 pin 120V going to the DBA and plug in this y harness. Fine, that's all plugged in. Display comes on, can't connect to the wifi. I have the wifi router plugged in as well (requires a 12v plug so it's nearby the machine on the bench) ok the reader can't find it (yes, antenna is plugged into wifi router) Fk it, run LAN cable direct. Now it's downloading software update or something. Okay now it shows a setup screen with a QR code that doesn't go to anything when I scan it. Awesome. Too late to get my sales guy on the phone. So I have an antenna that looks like I need to drill a hole to mount it, a 12v adapter to run the router, the router, the scanner that mounts to the coin door.
    Lots of parts that come integrated on Nayax. Why is kiosoft better again???
    Best part is the DBA accepts dollars but can't pulse the credits to the machine when this thing is plugged in. Defeating the whole purpose of having it in conjunction with the DBA. If I unplug and run the DBA directly to the 9pin harness it works fine. Lovely.

I don't get it. I'm going to put all this shit in the boxes and send it back and order a Nayax in the morning. It's 4 wires and you're good to go. No router needed, no adapter to plug in, no mounting an antenna.

Very frustrating waste of time tonight.

I suspect all the people saying Kiosoft is so great have someone to install their hardware for them.

8 months later
    #24 52 days ago

Hi there - late to the party on this one - I have a cable specifically for this (instructions are also on the website for the full Nayax Kit) and it just interfaces into the cabinet node on the Coin 6 line and you can configure it from the standard pricing menu - effectively replaces the DBA if you use the mounting plate in the store also, and an onyx system. I will get Nayax to create a US coinset program today - effectively treat each pulse as a dollar on coin 6:

https://parallaxdigital.co.uk/shop/pinball-machines/pinball-mod-kits/pdt-cab-0510-0001/

#25 52 days ago

2 black and 2 red -and + 12 volt
    And green ( pulse 1 ) on left coin wire

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-nayax-cc-reader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.