4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wotan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

All - I have polished and refurbed the original williams chime and am not happy with the audible result. I know it's a common complaint for these williams units. One thing about my refurb that I noticed is that the kit I ordered did supply beer seal instead of the more dense and flat rubber that was original but I don't know how much of an effect that could really have.

Anyway, on to the actual question/topic. I have acquired a gottlieb chime unit to replace the williams one. Same number of chimes (3). If i was going to replace the coils, should it be the A-5195 (11.6ohm, 26 gauge, 1305 turns, no diode) or the A-17876 (24ohm, 28 gauge, 1750 turns, diode)? I'm guessing the A-5195 if I want it to hit slightly harder? Both of these coils were used for this by Gottlieb apparently.

#2 4 years ago

They both use the same voltage, so if you're going for the gottlieb sound I'd just leave it however it was

#3 4 years ago

Yeah, the only difficulty with that is that there are no coils in the unit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-gottlieb-chime-unit-in-williams-coil-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.