• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipper oring 002.JPG
flipper oring 001.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I got a o-ring kit for my old Bally boomerang but I have a issue. Either the kit has the wrong o-rings for the flippers or there is some kind of procedure I'm not doing because there is no way the o-rings will stretch over the flippers. This seems like it should be a easy job but so far it's not. What am I not doing ?

#2 9 years ago

add a Pic so we can see.

#3 9 years ago

These just don't come close to making it over the flippers

flipper oring 001.JPGflipper oring 001.JPGflipper oring 002.JPGflipper oring 002.JPG

#4 9 years ago

this looks correct size..put on the back or large taper first..pull forward and over front of flipper..yes it might seem a bit tight but give this a try..also you might want to clean the playfield up a bit before you put new ball in machine..good luck

#5 9 years ago

I've tried to pull it on that way but it hasn't come close to making it. Has anybody tried warming them up in semi hot water ?

#6 9 years ago

Are those Superbands? They do fit tight don't they? Too bad your not closer I have a bunch of spare regular flipper rubbers. I'd give you a set. Regular flipper rubbers go on a little tight but not unmanageable.

#7 9 years ago

These things are unbelievable. I'm a ex-mechanic so stuff like this usually is a piece of cake. I was pulling with a flat metal hook and still couldn't get it even close. Those things just don't stretch much at all.

#8 9 years ago

Put on real rubber instead of superbands. Boom, problem solved!

#9 9 years ago

That's what Marcos sent me in a kit. Guess I'll re-order. Thanks Guys !

#10 9 years ago

the correct rubbers are R-406-3 for boomerang, if are re ordering.
this is the size 1/2 inch wide x 1-1/2 inch ID (inner diameter) standard red flipper rubber
looks like the one you have will be the same as the new ones, but.

Did you try hot water soak?

#11 9 years ago

Well, I got them on. Warmed them up with a heat gun for a minute or two and they went on.

#12 9 years ago

Where there is a will there is a way, congratulations.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-flipper-o-rings-on-a-bally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.