Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lhammer610
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2015-10-17_16.14.18.jpg
2015-10-17_14.29.50.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I am installing a Cointaker Shaker Motor in a Star Trek Pro. It is pretty straightforward. The screw holes are there from Stern for both the shaker and the circuit board. However, Cointaker says to run the single grey wire to the backbox and plug it into an empty 3 hole plug with grey and black wires.

The only empty three hole plug I can find has yellow with a black stripe, and black with a red or orange stripe wires. This grey wire from the shaker motor will connect to the yellow with black stripe wire.

Is this correct?

Cointaker says they have YouTube videos, but none pop up and there is not a link on their website.

2015-10-17 14.29.50.jpg

#2 5 years ago

No it's in the cabinet. You'll find it in the jumble at the rear.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Cointaker says to run the single grey wire to the backbox and plug it into an empty 3 hole plug with grey and black wires.

It absolutely does not say to run it to the backbox*. Check again.

You need to run it to the back of the lower cabinet, where you'll find the plug you need.

Good luck.

*Though I read it the same way the first time I read it.

#4 5 years ago

it's in the cabinet. pull the whole pf out if u can't find it, but it's in cabinet.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

You need to run it to the back of the lower cabinet, where you'll find the plug you need.
Good luck.

pull playfield up on the pegs . Look from the right side at back of cabinet straight down . You should see the plug in that area . I installed the "Tremor" in my STLE . It is great .

#6 5 years ago

Glad I found this before I get my first on wednesday, probably saved me some time

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

It absolutely does not say to run it to the backbox*. Check again.
Good luck.
*Though I read it the same way the first time I read it.

Thanks. You are right. It says "back of the cabinet" which I misinterpreted as the backbox. Glad I did not plug it in!

Their drawing makes sense that way.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. It works great!

2015-10-17 16.14.18.jpg

#8 5 years ago

What do you guys think of the red tremor shakers?

Thinking of getting one but I read they might be too strong...

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

If you listen and play pinball with a soft volume . Some shaker motors can be loud . I have all my pinball machines volumes set loud. And the noise from vibration does not bother me. As far as the rotation speed . The Tremor is the way to go . Really gets my STLE shaking . I wish I had the Red Tremor in all my STERN machines. That is my advise . Melissa is cool. If you tell her you want to try the Red Tremor and you will pay to ship it back to her if you do not like it . She will most likely will
agree.

2 weeks later
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

I have the red tremor in the Star Trek. I like it, but I have not tried the other shakers to compare. There are times that I am amazed that it does not tilt the pin. Sometimes I feel like the legs are too wobbly. But overall, I am quite happy.

I would not hesitate to do this again. I have ordered the chips to install in LOTR and am looking forward to that upgrade.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside