Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Brewchap
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

26035292905_953d94673d_k_(resized).jpg
    25357115333_6c40e3e7a2_b_(resized).jpg
    25214467914_efd5b359b2_k_(resized).jpg
    25497111390_ea78bbb57a_k_(resized).jpg
    DUAL_CE2_(resized).jpg
    Dual_CE1_(resized).jpg
    confusing.jpg
    package_dimensions.jpg
    dual_nands_in_layout_-_differences_comp.jpg
    20151219_145932.jpg
    20151219_150214.jpg
    dual_ce_revd.jpg
    DSC_2156.jpg
    12-9-2015_8-05-23_PM.png
    short_hint.jpg
    DUAL_CE_REV-C.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yfz450.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

Does Gottlieb system 80B accept NVRAM?

I tried one in my TX-Sector and it doesn't seem to work right. It keeps the game remaining, but it loses the saved scores and randomly puts garble in for some of the initials.

I have to compare schematics with Williams CPU's that use the 5101 RAM chips to see what the differences are.

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

A 5101 nvram adapter used in any Gottlieb System 80 machine must have the extra circuitry for handling both chip enables. The 5101 adapter barakandl currently sells is not Gottlieb compatible.
    System 80 boards also require the original 5101 RAM to be removed/desoldered and a socket installed in order to install a compatible 5101 nvram adapter onto those boards.

Thanks for the explanation. Saves me the trouble. Already have the original 5101 back in and in a socket.

1 week later
    #137 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sheprd:

I would stay with the 74ACT series for decoding. You want the TTL compatible signal levels and higher speeds so you don't violate the timing Windows. CMOS with a pull up might work most of the time, but would not be as reliable.
    Mac

Agreed! That's what I used on my system 80 boards, which even have spare nands on its cpu already, no need for pull ups.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yfz450.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-barakandls-nvram-battery-eliminator-vids-review?tu=yfz450 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.