Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Brewchap
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

26035292905_953d94673d_k_(resized).jpg
    25357115333_6c40e3e7a2_b_(resized).jpg
    25214467914_efd5b359b2_k_(resized).jpg
    25497111390_ea78bbb57a_k_(resized).jpg
    DUAL_CE2_(resized).jpg
    Dual_CE1_(resized).jpg
    confusing.jpg
    package_dimensions.jpg
    dual_nands_in_layout_-_differences_comp.jpg
    20151219_145932.jpg
    20151219_150214.jpg
    dual_ce_revd.jpg
    DSC_2156.jpg
    12-9-2015_8-05-23_PM.png
    short_hint.jpg
    DUAL_CE_REV-C.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Curious, why isn't this thread simply titled 'testing FM1608 in a pinball MPU'

I kinda thought the same thing. This isn't a new idea, and not dissing what's being offered but testing it doesn't make it unique.

Quoted from vid1900:

Andrew is testing each of these before shipment, so the product you are buying is his own "value added product". If you just bought one off of Ebay from China, you could get a fake one, a remarked one, a cull or a pull..... So it only makes sense to call this a Barakandi product.

So I hunt out, buy and sell Hallmark pinball related Christmas ornaments. I do! I test them. Can I get a review? I call them Big Daddy's Old Hallmark Bugs Bunny and Santa Christmas Ornaments! Only available at Big Daddy with the Big Daddy GUARANTEE!

Sorry, I see it as proof what a lot of people already have been doing, myself included with new parts. It's a nice installation guide but it shouldn't be a review of one offering.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You want it as an installation guide? I got it for you, right here.

And thanks for that, it's a nice install guide.

Quoted from vid1900:

It can be whatever someone wants it to be to them:

I want peanut butter.

Quoted from vid1900:

You want it as a review of one man's value added obsolete product that he tests and guarantees to perform in a pinball machine? Come and get a steaming heap of it.

I guess, but it's still just a chip that hasn't been altered or improved on. Only used and tested. That test does not give any indication of life of the product even though it's likely going to last longer than most of us. I do appreciate most of your reviews and tutorials, they're really helpful as is this one as an install guide. There's tons of stuff out there that could use reviews, true unique replacement stuff that has it's good and bad. This is just a chip. Not a new product. And I can't wait to hear the review of my (tested) pinball Christmas ornaments!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-barakandls-nvram-battery-eliminator-vids-review?tu=toddsvec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.