(Topic ID: 142760)

Installing a NOS Playfield - When it Doesn't Fit?

By fossmin

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Patofnaud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I have been repopulating my NOS BSD playfield and about 95% complete. However, a few items just aren't fitting properly. The habitrail that come out of the bottom of the coffin and drops the ball into the pop bumpers is the first issue. The habitrail is hitting the left pop bumper cap, to the point where it can't be installed. Should I trim off the edge of the bumper cap? It appears I might have to trim about a 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. The second issue is the large ramp the wraps around the backside of the playfield. The outside lip on the edge of the ramp is rubbing the right inside of the cabinet wall. I can easily dremel the lip off some, but I have rebuilt a half dozen playfields before and never really had these issue with parts not fitting properly. Has anyone else had to modify parts to get their games back together?

Thanks

Gerry

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So I have been repopulating my NOS BSD playfield and about 95% complete. However, a few items just aren't fitting properly. The habitrail that come out of the bottom of the coffin and drops the ball into the pop bumpers is the first issue. The habitrail is hitting the left pop bumper cap, to the point where it can't be installed. Should I trim off the edge of the bumper cap? It appears I might have to trim about a 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. The second issue is the large ramp the wraps around the backside of the playfield. The outside lip on the edge of the ramp is rubbing the right inside of the cabinet wall. I can easily dremel the lip off some, but I have rebuilt a half dozen playfields before and never really had these issue with parts not fitting properly. Has anyone else had to modify parts to get their games back together?
Thanks
Gerry

Did you put in all those tall round "riser posts" in the correct way? There are a few different lengths.

#3 8 years ago

Usually when a PF is reprod's bad, its a registration error between the artwork and the inserts, sometimes the dimples are slightly off. But you really should not be having clearance issues unless something is way off, like missing spacers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-a-nos-playfield-when-it-doesnt-fit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.