3B6C5BA5-6FF1-493C-992B-85820FAD985C (resized).jpeg
E963DC73-6FA5-41B4-ABAA-5E70D23C37CB (resized).jpeg
A9F0A9EC-6359-43BB-8C55-790E95F2158B (resized).jpeg
C5CEB97E-83E6-430D-A17E-0506B2DAC4D9 (resized).jpeg
FB119E73-D7A0-477E-AECB-EA45B61C5413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1776 (resized).PNG
76443801-9AB2-4B89-A155-D8F952CB19C3 (resized).jpeg
CEA2D565-AEBA-4690-8E83-2FE29719E865 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Don't mess with it. I used a card board box and some special tape to hold down wires. All helped lay it over in a good place.

#6 5 years ago

I wrote down which wires went where and checked the schematic from the new and old. I also clipped the old wire to work with fresh wire and also not having to de solder old board gave a reference as well. I laid out all the wires and used some soldering tape to hold them in place before I soldered anything. Good light and some good prep and you've got this.

#13 5 years ago

Well you take the plunge yet? Trust me if I can do this stuff and more you can. I think I finally got all the gremlins out of my Strikes and Spares. Rectifier boards are not that hard with multiple solders close to each other. They are more inconvenient due to having to do in back box. Prep makes it easier. Wait to you graduate to TIP's. I got that solder tape off amazon and it helped hold things in place very well.

#16 5 years ago
IMG_1776 (resized).PNGIMG_1776 (resized).PNG
#17 5 years ago

Worked great. Good hold with no residue and easy to remove.

#19 5 years ago

LOL. I wish something like that existed for all the gravity defying need four hands stuff there is to solder on these things.

2 weeks later
#38 5 years ago

I used it to help hold all the wires in place. I cut the wires off the old board and worked with new wire as mentioned. I found it easier for me to put all the wires where they belong and each held with the tape in place an inch or so back. Then I was able to see the order I wanted to solder without getting blocked by another wire. I personally like to fully prep before I work and I don't have to keep putting the solderer down and figure where the next went and so on. I felt it helped me a lot using the tape and making sure I had everything in place and the wires formed right so I could just solder.

#43 5 years ago

Right on!!!! Very good feeling when you get something to work. As for coin door with power off just look around for loose connections or missing ground. That's a pin I would love to have one day glad you got it working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 99.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-a-new-rectifier-board-on-a-bally-eight-ball-?tu=Buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.