4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pbgixxer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

First time installing anything on a pin......I can't figure out what J connector is the DMD power one on a Road show, I have to disconnect it from the board. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

No Js needed except for your display board.

#3 4 years ago

im dumb nm

#4 4 years ago

On the back of the dmd between the speakers on the bottom is a power plug that has 8 lugs on it. That's your DMD power going into the screen. At J604 on the controller board in the backbox is the other end of that cable. Remove the whole thing. You may have to cut zip ties and move wires to remove it. It may take ten minutes since its wound into other wires in the backbox.

#5 4 years ago

Color DMD has great instructions are their site. Take a look.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from FightNightFZ:

First time installing anything on a pin......I can't figure out what J connector is the DMD power one on a Road Show, I have to disconnect it from the board. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Take your time and when in doubt refer to the install instructions
    http://colordmd.com/Assembly%20for%20Instructions%20WPC%20rev7.PDF

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from NathanP:

Remove the whole thing. You may have to cut zip ties and move wires to remove it. It may take ten minutes since its wound into other wires in the backbox.

Why do you have to remove the whole thing . I know the instructions clearly say this but what if I wanted to install the old Dmd back some day . I just zip tied mine out of way .

#8 4 years ago

I have to agree with the instructions. If its not serving a purpose it doesn't need to be in the backbox taking up space. Cleaner look I guess, perhaps safer. At a later date someone could accidentally plug it in wrong. Perhaps Randy will chime in here but I say take it out if its not necessary. I see your point though.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Why do you have to remove the whole thing . I know the instructions clearly say this but what if I wanted to install the old Dmd back some day . I just zip tied mine out of way .

Our instructions have you remove it to prevent the harness from accidentally shorting against anything.

If you leave the harness in the game, make sure you disconnect it from the high voltage WPC DMD controller. Otherwise you're creating a potentially dangerous situation with a live high voltage wire in the backbox.

#10 4 years ago

Yes I disconnect it and zip tied . There is no voltage running through the wiring . I left it there just in case . I guess if I wanted the cleaner look I could stick it behind the harness .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 209.99
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    £ 12.00
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside