pasted_image (resized).png
detail (resized).jpg
PPS-04-10293L (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

never mind

PPS-04-10293L (resized).jpgPPS-04-10293L (resized).jpg

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

You do know we can argue about this thread for days for no reason, right?

If the damn Canadians or Australians get involved we are really up the creek.

#3 6 years ago

Why can't they make plugs and boxes that the plugs go in that are the same color ? I mean really is it that hard ?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

Dude, both yer plugs are upside down! When will we see a code update to fix these damn upside down plugs? I long for the days of Williams Quality plugs...

#5 6 years ago

that’s the problem with these highfalutin new fangled pinball tables nowadays. Back in the day a proper pin didn’t need electricity.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

You do know we can argue about this thread for days for no reason, right?
If the damn Canadians or Australians get involved we are really up the creek.

I'm here representing the Australians....now what are we arguing about?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I'm here representing the Australians....now what are we arguing about?

nah nah you're wrong its .. um .. something ...

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from hepgeek:

Dude, both yer plugs are upside down! When will we see a code update to fix these damn upside down plugs? I long for the days of Williams Quality plugs...

They are not upside down, all the outlets in our building a have the ground pin oriented up, because if the plug comes slightly loose and a metal object were to fall from above, the ground plug, which usually does not carry current, would deflect the object so that it would not hit is live prongs. It is accepted that this idea began in health care facilities where many tools used for patient care are metal. The story goes that hospitals were wired by union electricians and as the unions grew the practice spread to other types of buildings. Not formally specified in electrical code, but a fairly common thing to see in commercial buildings.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

They are not upside down, all the outlets in our building a have the ground pin oriented up, because if the plug comes slightly loose and a metal object were to fall from above, the ground plug, which usually does not carry current, would deflect the object so that it would not hit is live prongs. It is accepted that this idea began in health care facilities where many tools used for patient care are metal. The story goes that hospitals were wired by union electricians and as the unions grew the practice spread to other types of buildings. Not formally specified in electrical code, but a fairly common thing to see in commercial buildings.

I side with hepgeek on this one. Every adapter, CO2 detector, etc., plugs in such that the weight is below the ground pin. I used to live in a house with the pin on top and those adapters, detectors, etc would slowly work out. That makes it far more likely that the object itself will fall out of the socket, or that someone will run into it, or that the prongs will be exposed increasing the likelihood of a shock.

See Taxman is also right...time to argue this one...I wonder if they are upside down in Australia?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

GFCI outlets writing would be upside down and OCD would drive me nuts every time i noticed it =D.

ground pin DOWN! =D

Plust the little face in the socket would be upside down too.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I wonder if they are upside down in Australia?

No they just swirl backwards.

#12 6 years ago

Sorry to hear this. Might cost ya some money but youll be back up and at em.

I feel like the more experience I get the prone I am to mistakes like this. I find myself way more confident. While thats good to an extent, I tend to rush a lot. Taking less pictures, diving into something before thinking it through, etc.

I remember a year or two ago I was working on a game (just changing lights in backboard with the game on) and dropped a bulb on the PCB board to one of the displays. Poof! God I was so mad at myself. Couldnt take the time to turn the game off to change a few bulbs.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

GFCI outlets writing would be upside down and OCD would drive me nuts every time i noticed it =D.
ground pin DOWN! =D
Plust the little face in the socket would be upside down too.

Gotcha covered, chief!

outlet (resized).jpgoutlet (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

C737735F-71AB-4AA8-8B90-FE1914FC1010 (resized).jpegC737735F-71AB-4AA8-8B90-FE1914FC1010 (resized).jpeg

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I side with hepgeek on this one.

I don't side with anyone on this..."I mean I don't eat squirrels do I...Well perhaps I do, one or two, but there's no law against it..."

#16 6 years ago

#17 6 years ago

main-qimg-60421682d82de67d288581fcc6d006e4-c (resized).jpgmain-qimg-60421682d82de67d288581fcc6d006e4-c (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago

sex-plug-shame-insults-shaming-surge_protectors-gcun198_low (resized).jpgsex-plug-shame-insults-shaming-surge_protectors-gcun198_low (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installing-a-box-line-filter-chassis-in-a-sam-game?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.