New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 60914)

Installed my Creature Grave Walker Topper today

By 85Txaggie

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th-679.jpeg
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0494.JPG
CFTBL 3-557.jpg
CFTBL 1.jpg
CFTBL 2.jpg
photo2.JPG
photo1.JPG
FreddyTopper.jpg
P1000397.jpg
P1000396.jpg
P1000395.jpg
P1000394.jpg
P1000393.jpg
P1000392.jpg
P1000391.jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Installed my CFTBL Grave Walker Topper today. Love the way it looks. Mounted at 30 degrees from vertical. Made dowel pins installed in the Creature that fit into the wood base, so it is quickly removable.

Creature.jpg

#2 7 years ago

That looks so great ! Game all done up in green looks good too.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Lloyd!

#4 7 years ago

HUGE topper but I do like the look of this one. Now if someone would make faux swamp for around the base of him without covering too much of the BG and animate the arms and it would be perfect.

#5 7 years ago

The friend who helped me install it (definitely a two person job) remarked that it would be awesome to animate the arms.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

The friend who helped me install it (definitely a two person job) remarked that it would be awesome to animate the arms.

I've seen one of these with glowing eyes pretty cool in the dark IMO.

#7 7 years ago

Looking Good!!!! I have to get one, too

#8 7 years ago

Looks great! Can you post some pics of the base and how it mounts? I have also and haven't decided on to mount it.
-Ed

#9 7 years ago

Yup, that is a sweet mod. I'm not much for some of the non original toppers people do, but this one may be the best. I'm hoping to land one for my MB, is BAA the only place that sells them? Anyone have them in stock?

#10 7 years ago

Looks sweet and I love the green trim on the pin. My brother has this pin and I've been trying to talk him into getting this topper. Great job!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Looks great! Can you post some pics of the base and how it mounts? I have also and haven't decided on to mount it.

I will Ed. May take a week. I have the pin at my brother's house. I can tell you, I made it in less that 15 minutes with left over 1x6 boards, circular saw and Harbor Freight 1/4" pneumatic staple gun. All angles cut were 30 degrees with the saw, so it sits 30 degrees off vertical. The actual topper sits on a ledge I made by cutting down the 1x6.

With the base off the backbox, I set the creature on the ledge and drilled to small holes through the creature and into the ledge. Opened the holes in the creature up to 7/16" and glued in dowel pins cut to size and nose rounded. Opened up the holes on the base to 1/2" for clearance and easy removal of the topper from the base. You have to remove it to open the backbox or when opening the playfield.

To install the base to the backbox, I drilled two holes through the base and cabinet near the back edge and installed t-nuts in the backbox.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Looks sweet and I love the green trim on the pin.

Thanks, I was told when I bought it that Matt at Back Alley Creations did the Powder Coating.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm hoping to land one for my MB, is BAA the only place that sells them? Anyone have them in stock?

Google Creature Grave Walker, or Frankenstein/Dracula for MB. Don't pay the eBay prices. Wait for them to be in stock at one of the Halloween websites. Shipped was around $100 and the detail is incredible.

#14 7 years ago

Looks great! Love the green treatment on the trim. Have to wire up his eyes to glow when the hologram is activated.

1 week later
#15 7 years ago

Looking forward to seeing pics on how you mounted yours.

#16 7 years ago

Looks great! Seeing all these creech toppers makes me wonder if anyone is brave enough to risk painting theirs to match the creech color on the backglass. What is the topper made of, rubber?

#17 7 years ago

Nah, I believe it is some type of foam product.

#18 7 years ago

Here is the original Thread when I gave the heads up they were back in stock.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-grave-walkers-available

Check out the Creature "Over the Head Mask" as well. Might make another cool topper...

#20 7 years ago

Finally was able to take pictures of my mount today. Hope they explain how I mounted. i wanted to use dowels, so it is easily removable to get into the backbox and to lift the playfield.

P1000386.jpg P1000387.jpg P1000388.jpg P1000389.jpg P1000390.jpg P1000391.jpg

#21 7 years ago

Here are a few more shots.

P1000392.jpg P1000393.jpg P1000394.jpg P1000395.jpg P1000396.jpg P1000397.jpg

#22 7 years ago

Looks great!

#23 7 years ago

I really love this mod. One of the coolest toppers. Wish I would have held onto mine just to see it with a topper.

chris

#24 7 years ago

Looks Great! Enjoy! I do like the green trim.

#25 7 years ago

Great topper!
If only my ceiling was higher

#26 7 years ago

Great topper! Glad you posted this, as I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount my Freddy Gravewalker as we speak.

FreddyTopper.jpg

1 week later
#27 7 years ago

Just finished mounting the toppers for Monster Bash and CFTBL. Thanks 85Txaggie for posting the mounting instructions. The mount turned out great. The only difference was that I lowered the shelf of where the Creature sits so it covers more of the base of the mount and is flush with the top of the back box of the pinball machine.

photo1.JPG photo2.JPG

#28 7 years ago

Man, if I had that freddy my kids would never go downstairs!

#29 7 years ago

Add LEDs into them!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Man, if I had that FREDDY my kids would never go downstairs!

Kids?
When that Freddy was in my gameroom, i would only dare to go in with a baseball-bat

#31 7 years ago

Looks good Wiggy

#32 7 years ago

Am I the only thinking these are way too big and take away from the game instead of enhancing it?

#33 7 years ago

I wanted to buy Frank for my MB, but I think I might stick with creach. I might just mount it above the stairs coming down.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Am I the only thinking these are way too big and take away from the game instead of enhancing it?

No your not,They are way to big and you already have the creature on the backglass,how many do you need.A better topper would be the marching soda,hot dog etc.from the snack bar.

#35 7 years ago

i likes em!!! can never have too much creature!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Stevens:

No your not,They are way to big and you already have the creature on the backglass,how many do you need.A better topper would be the marching soda,hot dog etc.from the snack bar.

if I had my choice between this great looking creature or a soda, im going with the creech

#37 7 years ago

I love mine

#38 7 years ago

I'm with you 85Txaggie and Cosmokramer, in person the toppers look awesome.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Jlanderson85:

Great topper! Glad you posted this, as I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount my FREDDY Gravewalker as we speak.

Me too!

#40 7 years ago

Its your machine, and if you like it is really all that matters

Congrats on getting it mounted. Clever mounting system!

Chris

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I'm with you 85Txaggie and Cosmokramer, in person the toppers look awesome.

Yes, I was surprised at the great detail in it. The eyes are great....even though that's not the way they were in the film....

#42 7 years ago

Wiggy....now that looks kick ass! Now you need a topper for that RFM next to it.

#43 7 years ago

Burning Man, wonder where I got that RFM from?

#44 7 years ago

Spfxted, great detail in the eyes, you are correct, almost looks lifelike. The eyes are made out of glass and not painted styrofoam. Great detail overall in both the Frankenstein and Creature toppers, Thanks again for the initial post of where to purchase the two toppers from. I didn't feel like paying $400.00 on Ebay. Appreciate it.

#45 7 years ago

My pleasure! I know I missed out the first time and have no idea when they will become unavailable. I'm glad a bunch of Pinsiders jumped on it.

2 months later
#46 6 years ago

I installed mine a few days ago. I basically just mounted it on a dowel that's attached to an angled piece of plywood. I weighed down the back of the stand by making a small compartment and filling it with some heavy bolts, so that it's balanced. Then I painted it and used Locktite around the base of the creature so that it's 100% secured to the stand.

Here are some pics:

CFTBL 1.jpg

CFTBL 2.jpg

CFTBL 3-557.jpg

2 months later
#47 6 years ago

I was way too lazy to make a mount, so I started playing around with the Creature and came up with the "Poor Man's Lazy Mount" kit. All it took was two wall anchors and some 2-1/2" #8 screws to make it work. The chin sits on rear of the cab and the upper cut out of the head sits on the two #8 screws (the photo is taken from the bottom looking upwards). The right wrist sits on the corner of the cab. I cut the round locating foam dowel in half on left arm--which allowed better positioning with a prop underneath the elbow to hold the arm in position. Even with normal game play and moving the machine, so far no problems. I also like how it looks like it is coming out of the wall and does not hang over the game excessively. The "Lazy Mount" way maybe isn't the best way--but it works!
IMG_0496.JPGIMG_0494.JPG

#48 6 years ago

Lazy is good sometimes.

#49 6 years ago

needs lights

#50 6 years ago

Looks really good!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside