New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 154880)

Installation Video and Game Play of Guns N Roses ColorDMD

By wiggy07

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by alimerick
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg
12gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg
11gnrdmd2_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Blog Post and Video Installation of ColorDMD's Guns N Roses

Blog Post:
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/mod-install-colordmd-install-and-game-play-of-data-east-guns-n-roses/

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/data%20east%20color%20dmd%20repair.html

Video :

11gnrdmd2_(resized).jpg

12gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg

7gnrdmd1_(resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Hires looks pretty good!

#3 4 years ago

I attempted to install mine tonight. It gets power, but the rest of the pin seems to shut down into a "safe mode" or something.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I attempted to install mine tonight. It gets power, but the rest of the pin seems to shut down into a "safe mode" or something.

My friend told me that GNR has power issues when installing different mods to it. He heard that when you add a Pinsound board or anything to it, the machine can have power issues after the installation. My friend's machine worked ok with the Pinsound and ColorDMD installed. How to fix it, I don't know. Sorry

#5 4 years ago

If your DMD controller is a stern you will be disappointed

Seems to be a firmware issue and only shows one color yellow. Spoke to Randy at colordmd and they are working on it.

#6 4 years ago

How about Rottendog? OEM failed last year and replaced with Rottendog DMD controller? Has Rottendog been confirmed to work correctly?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

How about Rottendog? OEM failed last year and replaced with Rottendog DMD controller? Has Rottendog been confirmed to work correctly?

I don't know about the rottendog DMD controller, but it works fine using the Rottendog MPU board. The DMD board looks like a copy of the original, so I think it would work fine.

#8 4 years ago

Rottendog is fine as its a replacement for the DE/Sega board and matches the same timing. Stern boards have one small difference that throws off our frame recognition when used in a DE or Sega game.

I will work on a fix for this after TPF and issue a ROM update when available..

#9 4 years ago

Have a Pinscore power supply board. For CN6 connector daughter board where the power tap comes off to the side there is a white 5 watt ceramic rectangular part on the Pinscore board. Measured and this is 1/2 inch tall. Is there 1/2 inch clearance for sideways power tap when daughter board is seated on Pinscore board. Concerned the sideways power tap part will not clear or be to close to this ceramic part. I think these get hot.

#10 4 years ago

Here is a link which hopefully shows a picture of this power supply board.
http://www.pinscore.com/products/power-supplies/21-pj-5047-hv-manual

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Antonio, TX
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside