Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by pinlawyer
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0028 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0011 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
E523F409-6D1C-4785-B329-4430734B0845 (resized).jpeg
53739EA7-68B0-417F-9481-B0309E966AE5 (resized).jpeg
DA9854CA-595A-4485-A5E1-41A0A4D6BFA2 (resized).jpeg
20A0B749-97A2-4BF2-9F80-937718AA0933 (resized).jpeg
P1070345 (resized).jpeg
E2772496-BF7A-4261-BEBA-9A6FECAF4A4F (resized).jpeg
E3DBD945-FBA7-4529-A48B-C6788F70C27B (resized).jpeg
59448683-0DA3-4968-A122-E55EE6D27092 (resized).jpeg
E42C45E9-BF67-431F-B87F-E293A67B05AE (resized).jpeg
33485334-5DF0-4004-91C7-EA9A5E7A0ABC (resized).jpeg
22BC6315-F259-4343-8D24-493DF540D18A (resized).jpeg

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

C'mon Pinside! These Rad-Cals are, well, Rad.
New tech good enough for JJP, good enough for Bally/Williams!

These are not so rad unless they fix some glaring issues. And lower the price.

I miss Retrorefurbs. $200 delivered and you could cut the decal to whatever length you wanted. Went on smooth and were made with incredible material that removed bubbles with a hair dryer.

#52 5 months ago

I will cut another version which is bigger end of this week. We are currently printing some sets for tests. I will try to get them together into the front without a gap...

Regards,
Mirco

#53 5 months ago

Interesting

#54 5 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

These are not so rad unless they fix some glaring issues. And lower the price.
I miss Retrorefurbs. $200 delivered and you could cut the decal to whatever length you wanted. Went on smooth and were made with incredible material that removed bubbles with a hair dryer.

These are much better than decals imo and a lot less prep is required which is huge.

#55 5 months ago

So, will we see Capcom titles?

#56 5 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

These are much better than decals imo and a lot less prep is required which is huge.

This, and being scratch resistant to the extreme and will he shiny... forever. Aww hell yeah.

#57 5 months ago

Need Indiana Jones ASAP!! Come on Disney!

#58 4 months ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

I will cut another version which is bigger end of this week. We are currently printing some sets for tests. I will try to get them together into the front without a gap...
Regards,
Mirco

Great.

I'm another also wanting to cut my own flipper button holes.

#59 4 months ago

Im doing a restoration on a AFM and was wondering if you can make the decal where it goes underneath the rails and can be tighter in the corners? I would prefer to trim them myself so the edges meet

#60 4 months ago

I'm currently running a set with modified dimensions so that there is no gap at all in the front. I have done a test with the rad cals going under the siderails but due to the thickness the siderails would move to the outside approx 0.9 millimeter. This does not look good if you ask me as the black plastic rails under the siderails become visible... not even sure if the regular lockbars would fit without issues...

Regards,
Mirco

#61 4 months ago

Nice job making these and probably tough as nails.......... but I prefer a nice clean stock look with crisp edges and a non reflective finish. Too much color disparity between the cabinet and the decal.

Just not my cup of tea.

#62 4 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Nice job making these and probably tough as nails.......... but I prefer a nice clean stock look with crisp edges and a non reflective finish. Too much color disparity between the cabinet and the decal.
Just not my cup of tea.

I dunno man. The JJP Rad-Cals look phenomenal.

#63 4 months ago

The gap at the front is an issue for me, but once that's addressed I think this would be the icing on the cake for my restore of WH20!

P1070345 (resized).jpeg
#64 4 months ago

"Beater" Retro games like my faded Flash Gordon may also be interesting candidates as well; some cabinet repainting would be needed but these still look like an easier option compared to restenciling the cab...

#65 4 months ago

graphics look great, fit looks like, well...….crap! my jjp's look nothing like this on the corners. hobbit has a little more separation, but nothing like these. hopefully once you make them a tad bit closer on front then they will be worth the asking price.
20A0B749-97A2-4BF2-9F80-937718AA0933 (resized).jpeg53739EA7-68B0-417F-9481-B0309E966AE5 (resized).jpegDA9854CA-595A-4485-A5E1-41A0A4D6BFA2 (resized).jpegE523F409-6D1C-4785-B329-4430734B0845 (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#66 27 days ago

Any news on Indy?

#67 27 days ago

I agree the fit needs to be addressed on these. I'm interested in buying multiple sets but will not purchase until I see these issues corrected.

I would also buy multiple sets for the early Bally SS pins. Flash Gordon is one of those games! Again the issues on fit and finish needs to be addressed better.

#68 26 days ago

I installed Radcals on my JJPOTC - very happy with them!

I do have a question about polishing them. The front piece required dremeling out some odd-shaped holes, and unfortunately the Dremel skipped and left a scratch across Barbossa's belly. It's pretty hard to see, but if I wanted to polish that down to smooth what is the recommended approach/tool?

I tried Novus 3/2 without much improvement.

IMG_0011 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpegIMG_0018 (resized).jpegIMG_0019 (resized).jpegIMG_0028 (resized).jpeg
#69 26 days ago

Please note there is a different thread with the updated cutout and exactly fitting decals for the wms games and also many more titles.

I guess you can't simply polish it out. I would suggest to fill the scratch with some clear filler. I remember something like that for old cell phone repair. Not sure about the name.

Regards,
Mirco

#70 26 days ago

Please note there is a different thread with the updated cutout and exactly fitting decals for the wms games and also many more titles.
I guess you can't simply polish it out. I would suggest to fill the scratch with some clear filler. I remember something like that for old cell phone repair. Not sure about the name.
Regards,
Mirco

Thanks for the reply, I'm not too worried about it since it is so hard to see. Very very pleased with Radcals overall and will get them on all my JJPs going forward, either through buying CE or addon to LE.

#72 26 days ago

Regards,
Mirco

You should have put a link in like this so people can find it easily.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revised-rad-cals-for-many-more-wms-games

#73 26 days ago

You are right, thanks for the link! Shadow is a 3rd party and I do not have the licence for that right now...

Regards,
Mirco

#74 26 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for the reply, I'm not too worried about it since it is so hard to see. Very very pleased with Radcals overall and will get them on all my JJPs going forward, either through buying CE or addon to LE.

Zaph, what's the deal with adding radcals to LE? Does JJP sell them separately with the LE design?

#75 25 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Zaph, what's the deal with adding radcals to LE? Does JJP sell them separately with the LE design?

Yes, $400 for the set.

#76 25 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, $400 for the set.

Ahh. So just extra protection for you?

#77 25 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Ahh. So just extra protection for you?

I had art damage and CE envy. Radcalling solved both issues.

1 week later
#78 18 days ago

Getaway would be an easy get, and w over 13k sold, you would prolly do good with them!

#79 18 days ago

Just ordered these for my WH20 that I am going to restore, looking forward to giving them a try.

#80 18 days ago

I know it’s yet another license... but any plans for Doctor Who?

#81 17 days ago

Just cause this broken record has not spun in a bit...

How about Twilight Zone?

#82 17 days ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Just ordered these for my WH20 that I am going to restore, looking forward to giving them a try.

let us know how they fit, one of the games I plan on purchasing these for.

#83 17 days ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Getaway would be an easy get, and w over 13k sold, you would prolly do good with them!

Getaway RAD-CALS would be a great seller. A lot of Getaways were made and with the PinSound options this title is becoming extremely popular.

#84 17 days ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Getaway RAD-CALS would be a great seller. A lot of Getaways were made and with the PinSound options this title is becoming extremely popular.

Heres my latest pinsound mix for Getaway!

#85 17 days ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

looking forward to giving them a try.

Same. Just grabbed a playfield and a set of Radcals bundle for AFM. Considering what you get, the bundle is not a bad value at all. I'm really looking forward to installing them.

#86 17 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

let us know how they fit, one of the games I plan on purchasing these for.

It's gonna be a few months but I will definitely create a restore thread (need to gather the rest of the parts) when I get there.

Quoted from mbaumle:

Same. Just grabbed a playfield and a set of Radcals bundle for AFM. Considering what you get, the bundle is not a bad value at all. I'm really looking forward to installing them.

Yeah totally, I did the math and with the PF bundle discount the radcals essentially ended up being around the same cost as decals so it was a no brainer for me.

#87 16 days ago

Can someone who has purchased these RADCALS comment on how difficult it was to cut the flipper and bolt holes in this material? I understand a Dremel-like tool may be necessary?

#88 16 days ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Can someone who has purchased these RADCALS comment on how difficult it was to cut the flipper and bolt holes in this material? I understand a Dremel-like tool may be necessary?

I did them on my JJPOTC on top of original art. The flipper holes did not line up, and there were two holes on the front piece that needed customization.

I used a Dremel with the cylinder that looks like sandpaper and it worked easily.

The only caveat is be very careful, as the Dremel can get away from you and skip across your expensive new Radcals.

#89 16 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I did them on my JJPOTC on top of original art. The flipper holes did not line up, and there were two holes on the front piece that needed customization.
I used a Dremel with the cylinder that looks like sandpaper and it worked easily.
The only caveat is be very careful, as the Dremel can get away from you and skip across your expensive new Radcals.

Were the flipper holes already cut when you received yours? I was under the impression the only pre-cut hole was for the Start button.

#90 16 days ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Were the flipper holes already cut when you received yours? I was under the impression the only pre-cut hole was for the Start button.

They were, but I had to extend them to make them line up where I wanted. This was on JJP Radcals for POTC, I cannot confirm what is done for other games.

#91 16 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

are you using these radcals or jjp factory radcals.

#92 16 days ago
Quoted from dgposter:

My understanding is that the flipper button/bolt holes need to be cut now for the latest gen radcals that come out all the way to the corner. But I will confirm once I get mine.

#93 16 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

are you using these radcals or jjp factory radcals.

JJP. I ordered them direct and installed them myself.

If the flipper holes need to be cut out manually now that is probably a good thing as you won't have the alignment problem I did.

#94 16 days ago

All wms radcals have no holes cut except the Start Button. The jjp radcals are pre cut at all holes for the assembly line.

Regards,
Mirco

1 week later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 2,000.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 11.95
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cheraw, CO
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 399.95
Wanted
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Howell, MI
$ 87.00
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside