• Latest reply 44 days ago by HOLT45
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
tmnt (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 months ago

I tallied over $1,100.00US for Insider Connected and additional Coin Door Hardware when upgrading 4 machines. That was well over a year ago and I can say the experience of playing with Insider Connected was fun. The updates and achievements come in spurts, but the day-to-day fun is from logging-in, looking at scores then sharing the experience with others. It's not so much a financial investment, but a vacation that continues this year, next year and hopefully there's more to come.

9 months later
#52 56 days ago

I have no experience with IC , as my NIB GZ is my first game equipped with it. Is there a way to turn down the brightness on the QR reader? I have all of my lighting brightness dialed down, and the device really stands out.

#53 56 days ago
Quoted from binary01:

I have no experience with IC , as my NIB GZ is my first game equipped with it. Is there a way to turn down the brightness on the QR reader? I have all of my lighting brightness dialed down, and the device really stands out.

If you're not using it you can unplug the CAT5 cable under the apron. In a home setting all you really need it for is setting up the game when your first get it. Other than that Homeplay will log you in.
Really depends on how many people you think might sign in besides yourself... You could also get that MechaGodzilla cover Pinball Life sells.

#54 56 days ago

I dont use it either. I use mine as a light for this cool $5 plastic. Makes the eyesore go away!

https://www.pinballlife.com/mechagodzilla-chillin-in-the-apron-window.html

Agree 100% I can look across the room at my initials for my achievements.

Quoted from Viggin900:This thing is a joke for what it costs. I got my first game with it a month ago. All I can do is look up my friends high scores? I don't care about virtual trophies, neither does anyone in league. I even have to ask my friends what their ID is, you can't find anyone by name.
I expected it to be further along and hopefully I can connect with friends for a night of pinball together for 3p minutes. I expected graphs showing my progress and stats like averages. I can look up someones high score on their game. Whoopy! I would like to see this go away at its present state and pinball prices drop because of it. Better yet make it an option that can be purchased and plugged in for thise that want it.

Quoted from binary01:

#55 56 days ago

The LED cools off over time...in a dark room, mine have dimmed significantly since new. All LED's are bright as hell for the first few hours of their life, then progressively dim as they age.

#57 56 days ago

Only game it's useful on in my collection is Venom.

1 week later
#58 44 days ago

Old topic, but thought I'd give my feedback.

First off, the upgrade kit should be half the cost. Just added it to my deadpool pro, and there's shockingly little in the box - a new apron with the camera installed, a short network cable, the cheapest sd card they could find, and a similarly cheap usb wifi dongle. After opening it, I do feel a bit ripped off.

That said, earning achievements, imho, adds a whole new dimension to the game, and I'm playing a lot more. I did blast through the low hanging fruit tho, so after a couple weeks, they don't happen very often. I expect the novelty will wear off in a while.
One of my goals with it was to entice my kid to play, thinking collecting the achievements would draw him in. He does think it's cool but has yet to play a single game.

So, mixed bag. Not worth $200, but there's fun to be had with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 39.00
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus
Shooter rods
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insider-connected-worth-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.