Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by SonicZone
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 months ago

This started on 3 of my 4 Stern IC games yesterday and today none of them are loading my account. It scans my QR code beeps then 3 dots and says loading profile and then nothing happens….. just got off the phone with tech support and they recommended I reset my router. Guess what that did….. NADA
    Anyone else have this issue?

#2 7 months ago

Do you have pi-hole, DNS filtering, content filtering features on your router, or anything like that in place? (if you don't know what those are, then you probably don't)

#3 7 months ago

I have no clue what those are. I have a Altice cable modem/WiFi router from Optimum.
    It was so strange last night when 3 pins wouldn’t let me sign in but one would.

#4 7 months ago

I had to use mine QR code from the ap and reload it to my wallet to login today.

I suspect everyone’s old QR codes are done. Now why they didn’t auto update in my wallet like they can is another matter.

#5 7 months ago
    Quoted from REDiesel:

I had to use mine QR code from the ap and reload it to my wallet to login today.
    I suspect everyone’s old QR codes are done. Now why they didn’t auto update in my wallet like they can is another matter.

Just did the same thing! It works now. You would think that Stern would have given us a heads up but I guess they have been busy working on those silly ad updates… reminds me of the soda commercials from the 90’s…. If I drink that drink I can be like those cool people.
    At least I can play pinball again now that I’m hooked up to the interweb….

#6 7 months ago

Are you using home team? I found my home team was empty this morning. I tried the new app and it seems my QR code got reset when I logged in. My wallet changed too. Now if I try to add myself back to my home team the machine freezes then resets. I have a ticket open with Stern.

#7 7 months ago

I have a pro account and I’m a Verified location so it doesn’t let me use home team.
    Clearly Stern did something to update the QR codes. I wonder how many people are having this issue and if they figure it out faster than me.

#8 7 months ago

I noticed my wallet card changed when I was at league last night and other people who had also used the app still had their old wallet card. I'm referring to the virtual wallet on iPhones here. I have a printed card too, which is now useless.

#9 7 months ago

Both my QR login and my home team are coming up blank as well. They were both working just before 11pm PST last night.

My QR code is on a custom phone lock screen I created with Gimp that a single side button press brings up. Wish Stern would fix this so that I'm not gonna have to re-do it ...

#10 7 months ago

How about the guy who got his IC QR tattooed on his arm?

#11 7 months ago

Just checked my QR code saved vs in the app and on the website. It’s definitely different.

Quoted from EtzEtz:

How about the guy who got his IC QR tattooed on his arm?

Was just about to mention this… that’s absolutely bonkers that his tattoo no longer even functions.

#12 7 months ago

I have 6 users on my home team. It only kicked out my account from home team weirdly.

I used the "borrowed" scanner method on this game to log everyone in, so now I can't add my own profile back on.

I am running pi-hole on my home network, but I don't think that is affecting this because other users are having the same problem.

#13 7 months ago

I am also experiencing the same issue of it removing me from my home team and freezing up when I try to re-add myself via the Network config.

I am not sure if this is default behaviour but so long as I scan in once and leave the machine on, I can hold the left flipper button and I remain logged in even after leaving the machine for a period of time.

#14 7 months ago

My home team is back this evening. I haven't heard what the issue was from Stern. I hope they will provide an explanation.

#15 7 months ago

Getting a little weirder...

My logins just now were still showing nothing (both QR and Home Team). So I logged in for the first time with the newer QR code the website now shows in my account and it came up on the game successfully. That one login also got my Home Team going again with no further interaction.

BUT... when I check the Home Team section in both the game (Service Menu -> NET -> Setup Home Team) and the website (Account -> Machines), it shows Empty and No Members respectively.

Not messing with it anymore tonight for fear of losing it again, but I'll echo what refried said: someone from Stern should respond to us about this IC behavior today.

#16 7 months ago
    Quoted from SonicZone:

Getting a little weirder...
    My logins just now were still showing nothing (both QR and Home Team). So I logged in for the first time with the newer QR code the website now shows in my account and it came up on the game successfully. That one login also got my Home Team going again with no further interaction.
    BUT... when I check the Home Team section in both the game (Service Menu -> NET -> Setup Home Team) and the website (Account -> Machines), it shows Empty and No Members respectively.
    Not messing with it anymore tonight for fear of losing it again, but I'll echo what refried said: someone from Stern should respond to us about this IC behavior today.

Home team temporarily keeps recently logged in players in the list for a certain period of time (depending on machine settings). I’m betting that’s what you are seeing. The old QR codes were deleted for whatever reason and now you are temporarily caching your new one. You need to actually add the new one to your home team to make it permanent again.

The real question is why did they re-issue QR codes?

#18 7 months ago
    Quoted from tgarrett09:

Home team temporarily keeps recently logged in players in the list for a certain period of time (depending on machine settings). I’m betting that’s what you are seeing. The old QR codes were deleted for whatever reason and now you are temporarily caching your new one.

I think you may be right. The truth is I don't believe I had actually seen Insider's guest feature in action before this which is why I overlooked it. Thanks for clarifying.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.