Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220619_183601_116 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220619_182439_434 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220618_214717_376 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

I was wondering if the light on Insider Connected ever turns off or does it always stay illuminated when the game is on?

#2 1 year ago

I believe it is supposed to always stay illuminated.

#3 1 year ago

We have a set of 6 or 7 on location here, and quite a few of the lights have burned out. Didn't take long either, not sure if it's some basic LED or what but really? Lol

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

I was wondering if the light on Insider Connected ever turns off or does it always stay illuminated when the game is on?

It should always remain illuminated. Unfortunately, it is a high failure item, but Stern will replace it.

#5 1 year ago

With mine (on a GZ Pro built in Nov 21) its intermittent. It will go from lit to off or flickering pretty regularly - so it's not "burned out" per-se. I guess at this point it's usually out.

Mine still works to read a player qr code regardless, so it is only the light. I've reseated cables on the IC module with no luck, I'm guessing there are some bad/cold solder joints on a connector there but I haven't looked into it further...

#6 1 year ago

I could have sworn on my Iron Maiden it was off and when I scanned/ waves my phone in front of it, it came on.

I may have been dreaming but the reader is brand new so if there is a problem with it, I would like to address it sooner than later.

What if it goes off line, does it turn off then? I am thinking the answer is no.

2 weeks later
    #7 1 year ago

All cables replaced. Light doesn't work. Switching on the pinball only lights up briefly.

IMG_20220618_214717_376 (resized).jpgIMG_20220618_214717_376 (resized).jpgIMG_20220619_182439_434 (resized).jpgIMG_20220619_182439_434 (resized).jpgIMG_20220619_183601_116 (resized).jpgIMG_20220619_183601_116 (resized).jpg
    #8 1 year ago

Stern replaced mine when I told them that the light would not come on (but otherwise the reader worked). They swapped it with no questions asked just based on me telling them the symptom - and I was not even the original owner of the game or the IC reader! I've had 2 replacements (on different games) for this issue and neither of the new readers has had the problem with the light going out.

#9 1 year ago

I haven't seen my off since that one time. Don't know...

#10 1 year ago

My qr reader went out on my Godzilla, stern finally got me a replacement qr unit and it fixed it. Never have had a light not work, but the new qr assembly has been updated since the original. So I’m assuming lots of original run units have issues.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

My qr reader went out on my Godzilla, stern finally got me a replacement qr unit and it fixed it. Never have had a light not work, but the new qr assembly has been updated since the original. So I’m assuming lots of original run units have issues.

Yeah hopefully they updated them. LED lights last forever so....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insider-connected-qr-reader-light and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.