(Topic ID: 313800)

Insider Connected Install WARNING!!!! Please Read First!!!

By DentalDude88

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

BE CAREFUL!!!

--Premium/LE owners--

My front flat-head screws were missing from the manufacturer on my Munsters Premium, which I had no idea about until I followed the installation guide and had the table lifted all the way up, took off the 11/32" nuts underneath the playfield and the whole front apron nearly fell down between the backglass and the playfield, which would have caused serious damage. It barely wedged itself as I was returning the table to the normal position and I grabbed it before it fell all the way down...moral of the story: MAKE SURE YOUR FRONT FLAT-HEAD SCREWS ARE ACTAULLY IN THE APRON HARNESS BEFORE YOU START WORKING!!! (These are located under the lock-down bar).

Hope nobody makes the same mistake I did! Pass this along.

(Apparently this is not an issue for Pro models according to fellow Pinsiders)

#2 2 years ago

#3 2 years ago

for the life of me, i cannot think of what screws you're talking about or envision exactly what happened. i've never had to remove nuts under the playfield to install the insider kit. nor do i know of any flat head screws.

#4 2 years ago

This is straight out of the Stern installation booklet that comes with the kits. Not sure how you're installing them without removing the metal apron from the top of the playfield to get to the underside and install it.

#5 2 years ago

I believe in the premium there are under playfield screws to remove as well as apron screws on the front sides like a typical apron. I have only installed on pros so far and there are only 2 screws to remove under game cards.

#6 2 years ago

Ah that must be it, b/c I only have Premiums. I have never done it on a Pro. It makes sense why there is a distinction between the two different kits. I'll edit my post to be more specific. Thanks!

Quoted from Stretch7:

I believe in the premium there are under playfield screws to remove as well as apron screws on the front sides like a typical apron. I have only installed on pros so far and there are only 2 screws to remove under game cards.

#7 2 years ago

Lift playfield. Take the nuts off from under the playfield.

Then remove the screws from the apron bracket hooks.

#8 2 years ago

I just stick with the coindoor mount mod, no messing w/ aprons. I like to eat not cook.

#9 2 years ago

In other news - this is the first time he's lifted his playfield

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

gotcha. i didn't realize the apron was mounted differently on the premium. OP sorry for the confusion.

#11 2 years ago

Not true at all, b/c the nuts underneath have always held the apron in place and no loose movement was ever detected. I've lifted that playfield many, many times...

Quoted from flynnibus:

In other news - this is the first time he's lifted his playfield

#12 2 years ago

No sweat man, just trying to help folks out. These machines are $$$

Quoted from bigehrl:

gotcha. i didn't realize the apron was mounted differently on the premium. OP sorry for the confusion.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insider-connected-install-warning-please-read-first and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.