9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

This article is in this month's Wired magazine. Good mainstream coverage of IFPA, PAPA, and competitive pinball in general.

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/pinball-tournament/

#2 9 years ago

Great article. Thanks for posting that...

#3 9 years ago

how dare you post something that doesn't involve pinball pricing or leds.

#4 9 years ago

fun article. I feel like I read something very similar right after the SCS happened in Feb?

#5 9 years ago

"Really, pinball is a game of skill AND chance. "

So...like any other game then.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Really, pinball is a game of skill AND chance. "
    So...like any other game then.

I would not say chess, GO or other similar pure strategy/tactics games involve chance.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I would not say chess, GO or other similar pure strategy/tactics games involve chance.

I'll go along with that.

#8 9 years ago

I suck at pinball but would like to play in more local tournaments.

Only way to get better is to be in the middle of it and practice practice practice.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I suck at pinball but would like to play in more local tournaments.

I played at IFPA11 in Denver and I sucked ass.

My advice .. play in as many leagues and comps as you can. Its good fun, you meet good guys, and your skills increase exponentially.

Here in NZ we don't have the weekly leagues that you guys in the USA have .. and you can see the difference it makes. Everyone in the States is a tough competitor. Because they do it every week. Some of the guys have been competing for 10-20 years, and it shows.

rd

#10 9 years ago

Nice article. Good to see a major publication (relatively) do a piece on pinball.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inside-the-wild-comeback-of-tournament-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.