• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yaksplat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi
My Whirlwind was working great last night and this morning, every insert lights are blinking and running the attract mode pattern way too fast. I reseted connectors with no success. Any idea where I should look?
Thanks
Lou

#2 3 years ago

From an old forum post... may be helpful... “I would start by putting the machine into single lamp test mode. Then make a copy of the lamp matrix table from the manual, and cycle through all the lamps, marking them off on the matrix as you go. What you are looking for is a pattern of lamps that are lighting up incorrectly. You may find that you have an entire column that lights up at once when you should only be getting a single lamp. This should help you at least start the troubleshooting process.”

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGiant:

From an old forum post... may be helpful... “I would start by putting the machine into single lamp test mode. Then make a copy of the lamp matrix table from the manual, and cycle through all the lamps, marking them off on the matrix as you go. What you are looking for is a pattern of lamps that are lighting up incorrectly. You may find that you have an entire column that lights up at once when you should only be getting a single lamp. This should help you at least start the troubleshooting process.”

Thank you very much.
I’ll look into it!!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGiant:

I am having this exact problem. An entire row is lighting incorrectly. Do you know what it could be? I’m not really sure where to look.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I am having this exact problem. An entire row is lighting incorrectly. Do you know what it could be? I’m not really sure where to look.

Just by shaking the wires on the interconnect board resolve my problem. I need to investigate but It’s surely a connection problem

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

Just by shaking the wires on the interconnect board resolve my problem. I need to investigate but It’s surely a connection problem

Interesting. I’d break out the multimeter and see if you have a short somewhere and or reflow the connector. Nice work tracking it down so quickly.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Not lighting, or all going on when one of them is triggered?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insert-lights-blinking-fast-and-non-stop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.