5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have a sega Harley Pinball. Since no one makes the Live or Ride decal sets.

Would using an Avery clear label printed with a laser printer work?

Or would it be better to use true decal paper on a laser printer?

#2 5 years ago

I made a print with the Avery clear label, and it came out good. It is dull compared to the other decals.

Is there a way to shine it before putting the playfield protector on?

Or does it need to be a true decal?

#3 5 years ago

you could put a piece of mylar over it, then cut it to size and it would be glossy.
    jp

#4 5 years ago

also, not sure what the pf protector is... is it mylar itself? then wont really matter i don't think .
    jp

#5 5 years ago

The pf protector I’m talking about is the Mylar.

Is there a way to test and be sure before putting down the Mylar? I do not want to risk pulling up more decals if I have to replace the Mylar a second time?

Or is there a better printable material?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jptrains:

I do not want to risk pulling up more decals if I have to replace the Mylar a second time?

The Mylar WILL pull up the decals, so just accept that it's going to happen.

#7 5 years ago

anything you put under the mylar will pull up if you ever remove the mylar , water slide , sticker, etc. just be prepared to redo it if you pull the mylar, or have someone clearcoat it, that's what i'd do. Home use, mylar will prolly last forever though, but auto clear is the best option in my opinion, that said, some slight ghosting of inserts is expected in older 80's games, so consider that also.
    Fix inserts , clear coat, done for life.
    JP

#8 5 years ago

I have the replacement Mylar in hand and do not want to fully strip the playfield to clear it. In addition I always end up with runs when spraying paint.

I’d like to know the result if anyone’s tried this already before laying down the replacement. I only pulled up 4 decals and don’t want to ruin any more.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jptrains:

I’d like to know the result if anyone’s tried this already before laying down the replacement. I only pulled up 4 decals and don’t want to ruin any more.

I 100% guarantee that Mylar will pull up all your decals, and maybe even a few factory silkscreened inserts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insert-graphics-decal-or-avery-label and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.