met_matrix_(resized).jpg
5_(resized).JPG
4_(resized).JPG
3_(resized).JPG
2_(resized).JPG
1_(resized).JPG
60285-i_(resized).jpg
IMG_2463_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

I have the same thing Hougie. On two of my shield inserts in front of the flippers. I've just been waxing that area more often. Who knows if that will help, but doesn't bother me.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

For those of us who aren't familiar with the issue, what's going on? I can't really see the issue in the pics because I don't know what I'm looking at! I'm curious so I can keep my eyes peeled for the same issue on any new Sterns.

They are white spots on the insert. The right side of that KISS lock insert, the bottom left of the 4x insert on GOT and the top right of the 5x insert on GOT.

#23 8 years ago

Will this eventually damage the game or just make the inserts look weird? If the game will not get damaged from this and it just looks funny, I couldn't care less. In the meantime, this is my first new game so I'm definitely going to send pics to my distro with the hopes he reports it to stern so that they are at least aware of it and can try to rectify it for future runs somehow.

#26 8 years ago

Sorry boys I cannot get a good picture of it. I have it on the top left corner of the targaryen insert, running all down the left side of Lannister and running along the bottom of the 2x insert. I can also feel a variation in the playfield if I rub my fingers over those spots.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from eliottk:

Hello,
my GOT Pro had the same Problem (see pictures) I exchanged it.
Kind regrads

1_(resized).JPG2_(resized).JPG3_(resized).JPG4_(resized).JPG5_(resized).JPG

This is very similar to my situation. Sorry I couldn't get good pics, but these are almost the exact same spots on mine.

#33 8 years ago

well too late for that for me, but that would be good to know for the future. I talked to Trent and he is collecting pictures and serial numbers for now, and is having me keep an eye on it. I will keep everyone posted on what ends up happening with mine.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Chuck, Yours probably has at least a thousand plays, right? At this stage mine only has around 300 or so. I'm just going to snap pics once a week or so.

Yes. However they could've been there for a while and I didn't notice until recently. I'll take a pic once a week too.

#41 8 years ago

I'm almost positive this ghosting is from the inserts starting to sink. Under the right light I can totally tell that's what's happening with my Targaryen insert.

#42 8 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).pngimage_(resized).pngimage_(resized).pngimage_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...now we know why the LEs cost so much more. They come with the ghost-free inserts.

Haha. Didn't realize that was part of it. Makes the extra price seem more worth it now.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

There are so many "Ghost Busters" jokes. but it is just not funny.
If they are sinking can they be taped up and re-glued or is this a risk to making it worse? At least re-glue to arrest more damage.

I don't do playfield restoration. Not willing to learn on a new game either. I'll just keep an eye on it and hope stern makes it right if it results in actual playfield damage that affects gameplay. Not worried about the look.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ghosting is unavoidable on any field that's clearcoated. It can happen from any manufacturer on any game any time. Might happen in 30 days.. might happen in 30 years. It's just part of modern pinball and has to be something you get used to. Sucks when it happens, but there is no way to control it.

Then what about the post above this one? This looks like it's going to lead to the insert being damaged and the gameplay is going to be affected by the insert lifting.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it will start chipping eventually. Only way to fix it, is to clear it some more down the road. The nice part about it is, that sterns clear is truly clear.
Unlike B/W. their clear is foggy. So when it chips out, it's a real PIA to fix. because that fog effect is very difficult to copy and get the inserts looking uniform. It's a huge process and gets insanely expensive to restore.
For stern. All you have to do is reclear it and you won't really see it anymore. That doesn't mean it can't reghost again, but it will be buried in deeper clear, and chance of it breaking through the clear resulting in wear is slim to none in a home environment.

Good to know. Thanks.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

It's not reasonable to hold a manufacturer accountable because when you zoom in on a picture of a plastic bit, you can see a white patch at the edge of that piece of plastic.

Who on this thread said this once? All I've said is that I'm concerned that a game I take insanely good care of is going to have chipped inserts after only a few thousand games when I see games with ten times that many plays with nothing like that on it.

Is it too much to ask of a game to hold up if it's been taking care of? I never once mentioned holding stern accountable unless this problem gets exponentially worse in the near future. I would be stunned if they think chipped and broken inserts after a few thousand plays is to be expected for their brand new games that are pretty much HOU. I'm only trying to understand my situation and if anything can be done to prevent or stop this from getting worse.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Sure, production variables and all that. Still, it sucks to get one of the machines with a problem and affects resale value down the road.

This is of no concern to me what so ever either. I want the game to play great forever. That's my only concern.

#81 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

My lock insert is the worst offender.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insert-ghosting-on-new-stern-game-of-thrones?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.