• Latest reply 9 years ago by NextoPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4839.JPG
help-205.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I start the game, everything works fine, bumpers light, inserts light. When the first ball drains, I have no insert or bumper lights for the remainder of the game. Once game over is reached and I press start, bumper and inserts work again.

Once in a while I get no lamps on the first ball and sometimes, possibly when I get an extra ball on the first ball, the lamps will stay lit for the next ball and then stop working when it drains.

Any idea where to look?

The game is a 1972 Spanish Eyes by William's

Thanks and Happy Holiday's

1 month later
#3 9 years ago

ChrisBee,

Sorry it took so long to get back to this, I picked up a few more EM's and the Spanish Eyes was at least playing, so this got put on the end of the list.

I cleaned and adjusted these switches and the lights would sometimes work. I thought it was dirty contacts etc so I took a test lead and jumped the switch closed. I'm still getting the same behaviour.

If I power off the machine, power on, press left flipper to energize, then press start, I get working inserts and bumper lights for the first, and sometimes 2nd ball, Then nothing. If I start a new game, sometimes lights, sometimes not, but more often when I power off and back on and restart.

If I start a game, add some points and drain, I can see the inserts and bumpers flash for an instant before the next ball is delivered to the shooter lane. If I score no points then they don't flash.

The only schematic I can find is the one on IPDB.org but it's chopped up to about 15 pages and I can't seem to follow it.

It appears these switches feed someplace else, something is turning it off. I printed the schematics out and I'm going to tape them all together tonight and see what I can figure out.

Thanks for the reply, it did get me started in the right direction.

#5 9 years ago

Well, I got my schematic kinda together, just need to cut and paste some more. Those are 11x14, freaking thing takes up the whole top of the picnic table lol.

Anyway, I thought I had it fixed last night. It still seems like it's in the lock relay, I files the contacts AGAIN and the lamps came one. I took a piece of paper and placed it in the switch, lights went off, pull the paper out, lights go on, off, on, off, on.. good, for sure this is it.

Start a game, got lights, play through 3 whole games and the lights work! yay! put the glass and lockdown bar on, press start, NO @#$%@ LIGHTS!

The schematic says the lights also goes through the game over relay, but it was late after I finished my schematic puzzle and I wasn't able to locate the relay and gave up for the night.

I checked the schematic, I didn't see on this game where the lamps went through the tilt relay, but it's possible I missed it. Couldn't locate that relay either as most of my labels fell off and I need better light to trace the wires.

IMG_4839.JPGIMG_4839.JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insert-and-bumper-lights-dont-work-after-first-ball?tu=NextoPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.