Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by v8torino
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Just got my wh20 today. Insanity falls or skill shot is scoring about 1/2 the time or less. Any ideas on what the issue is? I just got this "collector's" quality and am a little bummed about this. I'm sure this is par for the course of being a pinhead, just thought that it would take a week or so before I started having issues.

#2 12 years ago

Run a ball over it in switch edge test, if it works all the time, then replace the switch.

Often they get flux inside and work in test but fail in game play.

If it doesn't work all the time in switch edge test, then may need simple adjusting.

Nothing to be bummed about. Crap happens, easy fix. And you have a great machine. Be bummed when you have a real problem.

LTG

#3 12 years ago

Thanks LTG! I appreciate the help.

#4 12 years ago

I know how you feel. I'm a new whitewater owner too and, maybe I'm just not that familiar with the game, but it does seem to have some odd behaviour. I also don't get awarded the skill shot every time and, when the flashing hazard for Bigfoot Bluff is lit, making the shot does nothing. The light just stays lit... but sometimes hitting another (unlit) hazard, awards the hazard shot to advance a raft or collect the value. I'm guessing something is wired wrong or there are some switches out?
Mine wasn't billed a CQ though.
Good luck.

#5 12 years ago

jmpierso:
I have had this problem. It is similar to the issue with the whirlpool/bigfoot bluff ramp. On the bigfoot ramp's ball guide, you should remove the right-most spacer that brings the ball down with a spacer half the height. The same problem can occur on insanity falls ramp, so you should replace the left-most spacer with one half the height (or a small rubber ring).

Your issue is that occassionally the ball is riding the wall and that is why it is missing the switch. Lowering the ball guide makes the ball ride the bottom of the ramp and hence, it will always make contact with the switch.

Drano:
Your issue is a missing diode. I'm betting you need to adjust your ball guides as well. The ball guide on the bigfoot ramp is not lowered on the right side so the switch back there is getting hammered and probably broke off the diode or a wire. Take off the back mountain and you should see what is wrong. Go into switch test mode and try hitting the switches and see if more than one shows up on certain events.

I can help either of you by phone too. Just email me your number and I can give you a call. Ask the people around here. This game was my mission for a while and mine now runs great. You just need to know the tricks. You may also want to look back at my old posts for some other tips and tricks on WH2O.

Jeremy

#6 12 years ago

Thanks Jeremy,
I wondered if it was a diode issue as well. I had a similar misread on my TZ where it was reading the right ramp switch as a lock. Made for a lot of multiballs it ended up being a bad switch diode as well.

I've just noticed the behaviour on WH2O and have just been having too much fun "testing" my whitewater before I start tearing it down for restoration. I'm sure all will revealed once I stop being lazy and get under there.

Thanks again!

#7 12 years ago

The whirlpool "canyon main" switch under the canyon decal seems to get beat up a lot due to a design flaw. The ball enters the ramp too high and bashes the switch mount, obviously not triggering the switch. It was completely broken off on ours. A bit of glue, duct tape (yes, literally), and a modified ball guide later, the ball moves faster and you never miss the shot.

#8 12 years ago

Thanks Jeremy! Man, I really appreciate it. This site has a great community of people willing to help. It's been great!

#9 12 years ago

Jeremy,

I will definitely take you up on that... If you have time email me your contact info. at [email protected]. Thanks again!

#10 12 years ago

judremy (Jeremy) Will set you straight,He has been very open and willing to help people with their White Water machines.With all his tips and explanations I have my machine working perfectly.
These same questions pop up every couple months and he is always willing to start from the beginning and guide guys through the process to work out all the bugs in whoevers game we are talking about.
I just cannot for the life of me get to that damn-vacation jackpot!!,after putting overtime here lately on the machine in that quest,I just programmed my WH20 to 5 balls,I'll try it this way till I achieve the vacation jackpot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

17,250 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insanity-falls-on-wh20-not-scoring-correctly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.