Well this is my first post, mainly at the request of a super Pinhead and good friend of mine - Eric, I was convinced to post this Tron mod project along with pics, see that now that I'm pretty much - at least I hope so - finished with this pin. As several of you know I own Arcade Odyssey in Miami, FL and I love to trick out almost everything, from the games in the Arcade to the very walls and ceilings themselves, However sometimes I really get an idea stuck in my head and take a particular project way too far, this particular Tron Pro being one of them, it all started when I won this pin in a raffle at the A.P.E Show in Florida which is run by a very good friend of mine with a particular Arcade Star Rider fetish - Marcel Gonzalez, and it was already pretty tricked out when I got it, having been powder coated, having the ramp and mirror mods as well as several others already installed, now I could have left this pin well enough alone, since it was already very nice to begin with, but I loved the Original Tron film, the 2nd one was pretty good, but im an old schooler and liked the original one way more, I also have both of the Arcade Games, which are among my top 10 favs, Tron and a Tron EDOT, so now that I had this Tron pin I just had to see what else can be done with this, So hence begun a project that has lasted over a year, here is a list of what has been done to this pin so far,
1. Colordmd Display
2. Laseriffic Illuminated RGB Topper
3. DMD glare guard
4. PDI non reflective glass
5. Pinball Life Stern LE Bottom Arch/Apron With Triangular Cutouts - Metal
6. Pinball Life Tron LE & Avatar LE Blue Triangular Apron/Arch Lens Set
7. Hallmark light cycles
8. Clu's ship with blinking leds
9. Castor figure with light up cane
10. Castor front illumination Led Flasher
11. Gem figure
12. Clu figure
13. Kim's Recognizer led Mod
14. Mezel Mod Illuminated recognizer bank target
15. Recognizer bank top sticker
16. Encom pinball divison door sticker
17. Space paranoids sticker
18. Stern Shaker Motor Kit Rev B.
19. Pinball Life RGB LED Light up Speaker Kit
20. Speaker lightcycle acrylics
21. Tron mini v3.0 Arade Machine
22. Eli Light ramps
23. Tron LE Ramps w/ holes for el wiring
24. Blue coin reject buttons
25. Brite Buttons Illuminated flipper Buttons
26. Blue Powder Coasted legs and metals
27. Pinball life Stern Playfield Support Slide Bracket Kit
28. Pinball Life Button-Guard Side Rails For Stern Pinballs
29. Pinball life Stern Front Molding Lockdown Bar Receiver Assembly
30. Pinball Life Stern/Sega/Data East Black Front Molding Lockdown Bar - No Tournament Button Hole
31. Clear switch slot protectors
32. Mantis stern tron protector for mini arcade hole
33. Cliffy Ramp protectors on both ramps
34. Cliffy Ball eject protector
35. Black Flipper Bats
36. Yellow and blue superbands on black flipper bats
37. Mirror Blades
38. Sparky Micro Display mod
39. 3M cushioned target protectors stickers
40. 3M Tron cushioned armor flipper mods
41. Pinbits Florescent colored plastic protectors
42. Illuminated flynns light cycle
43. Tron ultimate chrome jet bumper cap mod
44. Cointaker full playfield replacement of all led & Flashers
45. Pinball life fts-8 8 way power splitter board
46. Cointaker stern 12v 3 way power splitters
47. Pinball ministry speaker panel grid sticker
48. Blue illuminated start button
49. Illuminated Flynn Sign
50. Relocated old light cycles to flipper slings
51. Tron Key-chain
52. Pinball refinery tron insert mod
53. Pinball refinery video game scoop flasher kit
54. Pinball refinery TRON UV Battle Arena mod
55. Robert English Beatmaster Shooter Housing Lighting kit
56. Illuminated Quora light runner
57. Illuminated 1 man light jet
58. Illuminated 3 man light jet
59. Pinball Center clear Disc rubber set
60. Pinball Center No flix illuminated card system
61. Pinball Center 2 TRON: Legacy Custom Cards, transparent
62. Undercab and rear of pinball machine lighting mod
63. Paul Busta LED light up leg protector kit
64. Flipperfidelity - 10 inch subwoofer
65. Flipperfidelity speakers
66. Anti rattle tape installed on PDI glass
67. Cointaker stern-custom-led-interactive backbox light replacement
68. Illuminated Quora 3 3/4" Figure with voltage regulator attached to 35 sec flip flop relay circuit
69. Illuminated Rinzler 3 3/4" figure with voltage regulator attached to 35 sec flip flop relay circuit
70. Illuminated sam flynn 3 3/4" figure with voltage regulator attached to 35 sec flip flop relay circuit
71. Twisted quarter pinball right leg cup holder
72. Light cycle shooter rod - Looks cooler
73. Mod father Custom Shooter rod - Much More comfortable to use - Yes I know I can only use 1 rod at a time, but I am listing it for completeness.
74. Cliffy Flynn's Arcade scoop protector v2.0
75. Cliffy switch slot protectors -put these right over the clear ones
76. Colored Cliffy Posts - 2-White, 2-orange, 3-drk blue, 1-lt Blue, 1-Yellow
77. Pinnovators PinPac 2 MAC Pinball Headphone System for Stern Sam systems with subwoofer out
78. Upgraded the firmware to use latest sound mod.
79. Double Score Flashers in Apron - Thanks to Spidey for pointing this out.
80. Show Quality chrome leg bolts all around - Thanks to Mustang Paul for pointing this out.
I tried to be as exact as possible, I checked the mods against a couple of other tron pro's and listed the differences as best I could. I might have a different manufacturer listed or be a model # off, since several of these mods were put on prior to me getting the game, so I apologize in advance for any lack of perfection in tracking everything precisely down, but will correct any discrepancies as I find them.
Getting the Mantis and Cliffy ramp protector to work together was a bit of a pain, but speaking with Cliff Rinear - he gave me some ideas to check out, I managed to get them to work together and sent the info to Cliff in case anyone else ever wanted to install them both.
Several of the Mods I had to build myself such as the blinking Flynn, Quora and Rinzler Characters, they are attached to 2 circuits, 1 that regulates the voltage down to 4.3vdc and the other one which acts as a flip flop circuit, blinking the first set of characters on for 5 secs, then off for 30 secs, then the next character turns on for 5 sec, and the whole sequence restarts again.
A few of the ships as well as flynns cycle I had to cut open and install leds in them, I tried to be as meticulous as I could with the wiring and make the leds look like they belong.
Heck I built and installed so many mods that I might still be missing some in the descriptions above. I have put as many pics as I could trying to show as many of the mods as possible including the mantis and cliff setup. In case I missed any or anyone wants to see a particular one that I may have missed a pic for, please just let me know.
Special thanks to Frank - Flecom - for the undercab and rear cab light up kit, and for his OCD acting up and noticing that i had a couple of the led mods connected improperly on the diodes, thus causing the blinking to not be as it should, It is corrected now, thanks to him.
Many Thanks and I hope you all enjoy