Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 2 years ago

Let's hear some examples of crazy prices in your other hobbies.

I saw a Yamaha CS-80 vintage synthesizer, the one used in the Blade Runner soundtracks, sell for $30,000 last year. This year someone listed a restored one for $100,000 and they got so many offers they re-listed it for $200,000. All this for something you can emulate for less than $100.

https://reverb.com/item/45806903-yamaha-cs-80-synthesizer?utm_source=braze&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Watcher_Item_Relisted&utm_term=Current%20Design

#2 2 years ago

Boats and jetskis had gotten crazy, but are starting to settle down now.

#3 2 years ago

I fix old bikes - right before Covid I picked up a few GSXR Slingshots and since then prices jumped.
I think it's the prices of everything getting higher in the used market. Inflation blows

#4 2 years ago

August of last year I purchased a built out Sprinter RV. They now sell for 20-60k more now and it doesn't matter if it's used. So basically I could sell my used RV for 20k more than I paid for it last year which is insane to me.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

August of last year I purchased a built out Sprinter RV. They now sell for 20-60k more now and it doesn't matter if it's used. So basically I could sell my used RV for 20k more than I paid for it last year which is insane to me.

We bought a new camper in December, a few months before COVID got serious - got an amazing deal. Same one now used is going for nearly double what we paid. Yes...insane. One of the few times in my life I got in on the right timing of something.

#6 2 years ago

Retro video games and arcade. Nintendo especially. 15-30% increase across the board since pandemic, early to mid 2020 to now.

We hit a small mini bottom Aug/Sept but are inching back up on the charts... so much money printed. So few items to buy lol

November/Dec is always nuts... good luck finding anything cheap.

#7 2 years ago

You think LE prices are bad for pinball?

Dungeons & Dragons Volo's Guide to Monsters Limited Edition -- $1000

I'll be putting my D&D LE books on eBay sometime, no point in holding books worth hundreds just because they have a different cover.

#8 2 years ago

Does ammo count?

#10 2 years ago

I remember when 5.56 was a dollar a round. Fortunately it's not nearly that bad. What's worse now is stock issues and limits.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Judgeworm:

Retro video games and arcade. Nintendo especially. 15-30% increase across the board since pandemic, early to mid 2020 to now.
We hit a small mini bottom Aug/Sept but are inching back up on the charts... so much money printed. So few items to buy lol

oooo.... I've got an original NES system with a few hundred games and some accessories. Is that worth a grand? All kinds of games, marios, double dragons, tmnts, zen the intergalactic ninja..... master blaster, mega mans..... haven't looked at it for a while. I think last I pulled it out about 4 years ago, put a new connector in the system, played great, so i put it back away again lol

#12 2 years ago

Airplanes, especially Cessna 172s, are going for really stupid money lately. What was a 35K beater a couple years ago is now sought after at 80-100k. I bought a Mooney 12 months ago and could sell it today for 50% more than I paid.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Judgeworm:

I don’t want to go off topic but I really don’t think stimulus money is moving these hobbies. Being home or having more time to enjoy these thing is pushing demand up. I sure as hell didn’t get a dime…

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t want to go off topic but I really don’t think stimulus money is moving these hobbies. Being home or having more time to enjoy these thing is pushing demand up. I sure as hell didn’t get a dime…

Yeah, poor people still be poor, unless they were...um..'smart' and put it all on crypto.

#15 2 years ago

If anyone wants to get into the HAM radio hobby quickly and cheaply let me know. I have all of my Dads stuff to sell, it's pretty much all early 90's Kenwood stuff. I need to sell it in one package deal. Sorry Clint but the Hammarlund sold this weekend but everything else is still available. Nice stuff too but I wont ship it, must be picked up here in person.

John

#16 2 years ago

had to push pause on the Ferrari and Lamborghini collecting...

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

had to push pause on the Ferrari and Lamborghini collecting...

Yup! Too many lazy leeches using their inflation printing government money to buy up the stock!

DAMN YOU FREELOADERS! Get a darn job!

#18 2 years ago

Air cooled VW's. Anything east of the Mississippi has skyrocketed even if its rotted out. Wrong time for me to restore my 77' Westfalia. I think it has reached its limit though. I have seen some prices level out and decrease over that last few months, unlike Pinball.

#19 2 years ago

No link but I recently saw an old flyer announcing (punk band) Black Flag "Nervous Breakdown" EP to be sitting the record shelves soon. Sold for $1780.00 on Epay

#20 2 years ago

vintage skateboards have went nuts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insane-prices-in-your-other-hobbies?hl=flyfalcons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.