(Topic ID: 209019)

Input: First "New" Pin - Batman 66 or Guardians of the Galaxy?

By _KIRK_

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fuseholder
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Batman 66 or Guardians?”

• Batman 66 Pro 9 votes
    20%
  • Batman 66 Premium 24 votes
    53%
  • Guardians Pro 8 votes
    18%
  • Guardians Premium 4 votes
    9%

(45 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bat (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

I'm thinking very hard about biting the bullet and buying my first new (or close to new) machine. I was considering Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Batman 66 and Guardians. I have since played Star Wars, Ghostbusters and Guardians. While Star Wars and Ghostbusters were fine, they just don't seem like they'd be long in my collection. I played for almost 1.5 hours on GB on just two credits last night at the local arcade and got bored. I've played SW about a half dozen times and didn't find it all that special. I've played Guardians the most, and while it is far from a perfect game (I don't know what software version the local machine is running), especially the comically bad voice acting, I really like the layout and the franchise. I have yet to play Batman 66, but I really love the design and the franchise.

Yes, I know it ultimately comes down to my preference, but I'd love some input regarding GotG vs. BM66. Also, Pro vs. Premium (if the extra cash is worth the added features) Guardians. LE games don't do anything for me at all. Also, the amount of mods available isn't really a factor, because I'm not that into slapping a bunch of dolls and Hot Wheels all over my machines.

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry I can't change the poll to get rid of BM66 Pro.

bat (resized).jpgbat (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Tough question. I'd probably go with a GOTG.

#3 6 years ago

Save some money and get the pro model of BM66.

#4 6 years ago

I voted for the impossible option. You can do this! Don't let anyone tell you no!

#5 6 years ago

I didn't like GOTG at all. I do like BM66. Different strokes for different folks though....

#6 6 years ago

There's no pro model of B66, only Premium.

#7 6 years ago

Guardians is terrible right now so if you are considering a choice between these two better wait a year or so till the codes are done.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There's no pro model of B66, only Premium.

Oh, duh. Thanks.

#9 6 years ago

I've seen a GOTGLE for $7500 asking already.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I voted for the impossible option. You can do this! Don't let anyone tell you no!

I can't change the poll. Ugh!

I'll consider it a vote for getting lunch instead of any of the machines.

#11 6 years ago

Neither....buy a Houdini, or a Monster Bash remake.

#12 6 years ago

GOTG is the epitome of cheesiness pinball has become....

#13 6 years ago

Get a Huo Metallica for much less than GOG. Its the same layout only better game. If you want Batman get Huo Metallica and Walking dead for the same price.

#14 6 years ago

Consider hunting down your BSD and RBION on wish list, both solid. Money left over for lunch too.
If not, while BM66 may not meet your hot wheel mod criteria, but it’s the better of the two right now.

Id close the NIB wallet for six more weeks of winter on both for code and for more to come at TPF!!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Neither....buy a Houdini, or a Monster Bash remake.

Houdini is my favorite theme, but the art looks like a bad rap CD cover. I have really tried to convince myself to like it, because I am a huge fan of Houdini.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Get a Huo Metallica for much less than GOG. Its the same layout only better game. If you want Batman get Huo Metallica and Walking dead for the same price.

Not a Metallica fan, even though Donny is a friend and I know James.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

GOTG is the epitome of cheesiness pinball has become....

all I have to say to that is, "a bow ba dee, bow ba dee bow"

1 week later
#18 6 years ago

BM66 and SW can use video AND audio from the series, why in the WORLD would they dub THIS one. Because of something they could have easily and SHOULD have done and not to mention the crappy code upon release, Stern has lost me on anything in the future for a WHILE (bought 4 pins last year). Money will be going to JJP for a bit now.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from _KIRK_:

Yes, I know it ultimately comes down to my preference, but I'd love some input regarding GotG vs. BM66.

All the suggestion on (different pinball machines) other than GOTG and Batman 66 you are considering is not adding to the main question.
Based on what have stated you only have played GOTG . The Pro is were it is at. The LE and Premium the Groot HANDs block the view of the shots . I did not like that at all. So GOTG pro would be good as you like the machine and that is what counts. I will add I do not like GOTG . But that is me.
You need to play Batman 66 before you spend the money . So you can make an informed choice as each pinball machine ever made has the ability to strike a cord of the player over an other pinball. Each pinball is Subjective .With out playing Batman 66 first unless money is no object to you. Do not buy Batman 66 till you play it .
I like Batman 66 and I would push you in that direction . Gomez has designed an other unique playfield and the art game play and theme are great.
Go find one to play .
Rent the Batman series from VUDU it is good . Good luck.

#20 6 years ago

bm66 over GOTG for sure. I am in the same boat and I am leaning towards SW pro. I could get a new SW pro and a nice 80s SS for the same price as one bm66.

#21 6 years ago

Batman 66.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 49.99
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/input-first-new-pin-batman-66-or-guardians-of-the-galaxy?hl=mizary and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.