• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Cheddar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RScoinbox1.jpg
Gottlieb_Coin_Box_LABEL_A-4658.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 9 years ago

Well I need to give a huge wrap[-per] (excuse the pun) to Peter Koch for his efforts in making resto life easier. I checked his website for Gottlieb A9736 & A7677 coil wrappers and they were not listed. So as the website suggests I emailed Peter with my need and within a day the sheets arrive and his final message in the covering email is "I hope you like them". What a fantastic, professional, kind & committed individual Peter is & I am deeply indebted to him.

#2 9 years ago

Yes, I agree. He provides a great resouce to us all!

#3 9 years ago

ok, this is the 3rd post I've read today about coil wrappers. Here's my question:

What's the purpose of the coil wrapper?

I thought it was there so you would know if a coil overheated by the paper turning brown. Do they have a function, or are they just there as a place to put the part number?

#4 9 years ago

I have used Peter's great resources (score/instruction cards) several times in the last 5 years. I donated once and need to again.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

ok, this is the 3rd post I've read today about coil wrappers. Here's my question:
I thought it was there so you would know if a coil overheated by the paper turning brown. Do they have a function, or are they just there as a place to put the part number?

Just a wrapper. Like on a candy bar. It's just a finishing touch, that's all.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

It's very nice to see what the P/N is when you need to quickly swap it out.

#7 9 years ago

I just visited his website. A lot of very useful stuff. Excellent work Inkochnito!

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

2 weeks later
#8 9 years ago

I am in the process of establishing coin boxes and mechs to all my machines. Gottlieb woodrails at least in the late 50s seemed to have a label A4658 affixed to the front face as shown in the Pinballgirl pic below:

RScoinbox1.jpgRScoinbox1.jpg

Anyhow this label is not readily available but once again Peter Koch has come to the rescue which as usual is absolutely terrific on the part of Peter:

Gottlieb_Coin_Box_LABEL_A-4658.pdfGottlieb_Coin_Box_LABEL_A-4658.pdf

Peter has indicated the labels will be included on his site tomorrow.

#9 9 years ago

Is there a how to discussion thread on the process of making labels from Peter's site i.e., type and source of paper/labels to use, setup for printing and inkjet tips, etc.?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Is there a how to discussion thread on the process of making labels from Peter's site i.e., type and source of paper/labels to use, setup for printing and inkjet tips, etc.?

On Peters' website there is reference to settings for paper size but I have never needed to alter settings everything-reprod instruction cards/labels/coil wrappers have printed perfectly. I normally use a 200gsm stock which prints through the printer fine. The site also shows the correct colours for coil wrappers. But if you have any specific questions Peter is always most obliging & helpful in his responses.

#11 9 years ago

When printing the PDF files to USA standards, double check the printer settings are "No Scaling". That way they print at the correct size and not too small.

For instruction cards printing, I use cardstock (I think it's 28 pound).

For coil wrappers printing, I use 24 pound inkjet paper and use the double sided Scotch tape to attach the end of the wrapper to the coil.

By the way, I'm working on some Exhibit Supply coil wrappers I will be sending to Peter soon since his site does not have those.

#12 9 years ago

That I did not notice this tread until now is beyond me.....
Wow, thank you all for the kind words.

As Wayner said: If he doesn't have it, ask him.
Most of the time it is a simple job of adjusting an existing file.
Sometimes there is more to it than that.

Paper type or source vary per country.
That is why I don't mention it.
One person likes this, the other likes that...

Files are on my website by the way...

#13 9 years ago

For any one who uses Peter's site - please note the 'donation' button.
I think any donation, large or small is much appreciated and helps the site to be maintained.

#14 9 years ago

I've now sent Peter some Exhibit Supply coil wrapper information for eleven different coils (relay and normal coils).

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

That I did not notice this tread until now is beyond me.....
Wow, thank you all for the kind words.
As Wayner said: If he doesn't have it, ask him.
Most of the time it is a simple job of adjusting an existing file.
Sometimes there is more to it than that.
Paper type or source vary per country.
That is why I don't mention it.
One person likes this, the other likes that...
Files are on my website by the way...

I think more U.S. in my case, and any Pinsiders that may have experience with printing these, etc. and might post a response.
Thanks for doing these.

#16 9 years ago

Don't forget his great rectifier boards either!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inkochnito-a-hero-to-pinballers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.