10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MattG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So I'm working on a project to try and make my own custom topper and I was going to use the same method that I've read for recreating plastics, using inkjet printable adhesive backed transparent vinyl.

I know I could order it online, but I have the day off from work and was hoping to get some work done on it today. Unfortunately, all of the stores that say they carry it, don't actually carry it! I've tried AC Moore, Blick art supplies, Staples, Walmart, even Joanne Fabrics plus some local shops that do camera work etc. I also inquired at kinkos if they print on it in their print shop, but they said no, because all they use are laser printers and it burns up the vinyl.

I was hoping to make this in a way that doesn't obliterate my budget. Any suggestions of stores to try? From what I understand (although I could be wrong) it would cost a fortune to get a one-off printed at a regular printing place.

Any help appreciated!

1 week later
    #5 10 years ago

Update! So I got a product in the mail that worked great, it's an inkjet printable vinyl from a company called Grafix.

I printed a small part from my topper project, stuck it to polycarbonate and attempted to cut it out....

...with very little success. All I have is a table-mount rotary tool and it just chewed up / melted the plastic.

Do you guys think that a plastics place could cut it for me if I applied the images beforehand? It requires some precision cutting that I am just not capable of. I am going to email a place near me next week for more info. Anyone have an idea on what something like this would cost?

I actually took my images to a sign shop around the corner who said they could do it, but they never got back to me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MattG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inkjet-printable-transparent-vinyl?tu=MattG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.