(Topic ID: 279235)

INKED! I ordered a kit

By B60WizWorld

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why would you convert an original title?”

• Love the graphics package 4 votes
      16%
    • Original machine was so roached I needed to do something 11 votes
      44%
    • My machine, my choice 10 votes
      40%

(Multiple choice - 25 votes by 21 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220119-145337_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    CPR Mata Hari.png
    Playmate_Gallery-Image-12 (resized).jpg
    11ACD271-B02E-4CD1-B7E5-082E959AC144 (resized).jpeg
    stolen_image (resized).png
    0DDC15D3-A585-4950-8791-91B707BA526D (resized).jpeg
    B36B02A9-0D3B-43FA-B9F1-008E134A2F3E.gif
    Screenshot_20201009-211439_Facebook (resized).jpg
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

I have 3 Harlem Globetrotters machines and one is really roached so I thought I would convert it using the new INKED! conversion kit.

Screenshot_20201009-211439_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201009-211439_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago
    B36B02A9-0D3B-43FA-B9F1-008E134A2F3E.gifB36B02A9-0D3B-43FA-B9F1-008E134A2F3E.gif
    #3 3 years ago

You know it's good because it has an exclamation mark at the end.

#4 3 years ago

I wonder if Alissa from Arch Enemy knows she’s on a pinball machine ...

0DDC15D3-A585-4950-8791-91B707BA526D (resized).jpeg0DDC15D3-A585-4950-8791-91B707BA526D (resized).jpeg

Check her out - she goes hard!

#5 3 years ago

So go from a truly great classic theme to possibly the worst theme idea I have ever heard of? No thanks.

#6 3 years ago

I don’t understand.

#7 3 years ago

It is such a shame that CPR continues to misunderstand the very market they could be the kings of.

#8 3 years ago

What I want to know is why she has three hands

She has a hand on her chin, but look at where her arms actually are.

#9 3 years ago

Maybe it’s her other hand.

#10 3 years ago

What the fuck is this?!

Conversion kits were dog shit in the 70s and then are dog shit now. Harlem is a classic.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nah. She's fine. Just have to see the original picture that was "Borrowed".

stolen_image (resized).pngstolen_image (resized).png
    #12 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's for the action button ! Glad that problem is finally solved.. Now she just needs a third cyclops eye to see look at the LCD screens and we got that nut cracked too ! No more complaining from anyone just because you don't have enough body parts to play the new games with !
    lmao

#13 3 years ago

LOL, this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

CPR is selling this shit with stolen photos?

And they want $2500 for it. Wow.

#14 3 years ago

The nicest thing I can say about this is. That one girl on the playfield has big jugs.

#15 3 years ago

Well, it looks as shitty as their toppers. So they got that going for them.

#16 3 years ago

When i saw CPR announce this i kept my mouth shut because I respect CPR and I didn't want to be "that guy". I'm relieved to see basically everyone else shares my feelings lol

#17 3 years ago

NO BUENO

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

When i saw CPR announce this i kept my mouth shut because I respect CPR and I didn't want to be "that guy". I'm relieved to see basically everyone else shares my feelings lol

Agreed. Have a lot of respect for them. Waiting to see what comes next.

#19 3 years ago

On their website it says they are releasing a conversion kit every week for at least the next 4 weeks...
    https://classicplayfields.com/conversion-kits/

#20 3 years ago

Wow this is truly awful.

#21 3 years ago

Dude that has got to be the ugliest, tackiest thing ever. Did you really order this?!

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Nah. She's fine. Just have to see the original picture that was "Borrowed".
    [quoted image]

Ah, the position of her arms makes a lot more sense now without all the graphics overlaying the photo.

I thought the black band on her arm was a glove.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Dude that has got to be the ugliest, tackiest thing ever. Did you really order this?!

Yes!

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

On their website it says they are releasing a conversion kit every week for at least the next 4 weeks...

I wonder what games will be the conversion games - like HGT

#25 3 years ago

Seems like a lot of the items made by CPR are to fulfill the needs of the people who work or do the art for CPR. You think about the amount of time wasted creating all of those items that could have been spent working on items that would sell hundreds instead of a handful. I would have a hard time believing they will sell more than six of these kits. Four to the people on the show (I'm assuming this is a TV show??), one for the artist at CPR who thought is was a good idea and one to the OP in this thread.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Well, it looks as shitty as their toppers. So they got that going for them.

And yes, all it takes is to look through the toppers section and it really makes you wonder what they are really thinking. I love toppers, but...

#26 3 years ago

I find her tattoo interesting.
    It’s a whale with a mast and sail attached to it.
    However with the way the wind is filling the sail, the whale would be sailing in a backwards direction.

Just an observation.

11ACD271-B02E-4CD1-B7E5-082E959AC144 (resized).jpeg11ACD271-B02E-4CD1-B7E5-082E959AC144 (resized).jpeg
    #27 3 years ago

I think he's going against the wind.

Now why a whale has sails in the first place I don't know.

Anyway I don't begrudge CPR for this at all. They have a digital process so the work would only be as difficult as they wanted it to be, it can show off what they are capable of with their custom theme shop, they didn't have to design a whole new playfield and rule set, and probably someone on the art team viewed this as a personal passion project, so good for them.

#28 3 years ago

On the other hand I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that this art package with this woman on it is in a game that is going to play Sweet Georgia Brown when the game starts.

#29 3 years ago

Love the conversion kit idea, strange theme idea though on this kit hehe

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Why do you respect CPR? Their business practices suck. They tooK my early deposit for a Gold playfield, said I was good and that they would notify me when it was ready, never contacted me, when I sent numerous inquiries they finally responded, “oops our bad” but no soup for you. FUCk THOSE ASSHOLES who have no honor.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Why do you respect CPR? Their business practices suck. They tooK my early deposit for a Gold playfield, said I was good and that they would notify me when it was ready, never contacted me, when I sent numerous inquiries they finally responded, “oops our bad” but no soup for you. FUCk THOSE ASSHOLES who have no honor.

Not everything in life / business goes to plan and people do make mistakes.

This hobby would be far far worse off without them I can’t imagine the amount of games that have been saved rather then parted out because they was able to get CPR reproduction parts.

#32 3 years ago

Let’s see.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

That really sucks man. I haven't heard too many other bad stories about them but maybe i just missed them. They have done a lot of good for the community.

#34 3 years ago

CPR has released their next conversion kit. Playmate for converting your playboy pin. https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-conversion-kits/playmate/

Playmate_Gallery-Image-12 (resized).jpgPlaymate_Gallery-Image-12 (resized).jpg
    #35 3 years ago

Why? Just why?.....

#36 3 years ago

Dumb. Wonder where they stole that image from?

#37 3 years ago

I can't believe this is real. I would swear it comes from a pinball version of The Onion (America's Finest News Source).

#38 3 years ago

"Playmate" is trademarked, but I guess it doesn't matter if you don't sell any.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Tell that to Odin! Who is most certainly
    Posting a picture of the old gottlieb “playmates” as we speak !

#40 3 years ago

Whoever is dreaming up these conversions must desperately need a women in their life.

#41 3 years ago

Let’s try and predict what games they pick next for destruction

Kiss
    Evil Knievel
    Star Trek
    Mata Hari
    Eight Ball

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]

Acid, I need to wash my eyes with acid

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I wonder if Alissa from Arch Enemy knows she’s on a pinball machine ...
    [quoted image]
    Check her out - she goes hard!

Maybe it's payback for them banning that photographer that got his photo stolen...

https://petapixel.com/2018/12/26/how-i-got-banned-from-photographing-the-band-arch-enemy/

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

And they put the registered copyright symbol next to Pincardz, which as far as I can tell is not actually a valid registered copyright. And it should probably be a trademark, not a copyright claim

#46 3 years ago

Did they ever do Lost Vegas?

#47 3 years ago

My guess is Stu is doing these. IIRC, he's got a bunch of pins in his collection just like this.

It's 2020, pr0n is free and readily available, no need to mix pins and pr0n anymore.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from CanadianPinball:

My guess is Stu is doing these. IIRC, he's got a bunch of pins in his collection just like this.
    It's 2020, pr0n is free and readily available, no need to mix pins and pr0n anymore.

Does he have the awful alternate translights in his games where its just a hot chick and nothing matching the game at all? The one that always comes to mind for me is the Getaway one with the ferrari and the hot chick but I know theres plenty of others. I cringe so bad whenever I see someone with one of those in their game.

I hope CPR does some sort of whips and handcuffs theme on a 6 million dollar man next lmao

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I hope CPR does some sort of whips and handcuffs theme on a 6 million dollar man next

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from emsrph:

I'm kinda looking forward to see how bad these get.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inked-i-ordered-a-kit?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.