3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RWH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2454[1] (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I've got a very nice original backglass with one minor peeling area, unfortunately in a highly visible spot. It is not cracked all the way through, it's just delaminated a bit and created an air bubble between the paint and the glass.

Is it possible to use a medical hypodermic needle and inject some thin liquid super glue to fill this air space?

The threads I've read about super glue have been mostly about gluing back down a section that's cracked and peeled up, but not actually just injecting into an air bubble. Has anyone does this before?

IMG_2454[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2454[1] (resized).JPG
    #2 3 years ago

I think the superglue method has indeed been covered, try a search:

Also, fast forward to around 7 minutes 40 seconds of this video.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3 3 years ago

The enemy of good enough is better. Your backglass is very nice.

I think that there is a big chance that trying to fix that small defect will create a larger problem.

I have glued down pieces that were coming off but never tried what you are thinking about though.

#4 3 years ago

Yikes, after watching that video and the paint shrinking when it comes in contact with the super glue, I may say no thanks to that. I could make it worse if it shrinks up and actually cracks. Right now the paint is solid, just delaminating.

Anyone else try injecting into an air bubble?

#5 3 years ago

Why couldn't you just spray triple thick into a cup and draw it up with a needle to inject it? You could then wrap it with some cling wrap and place something on top to flatten it out and hold it there until it cures.

Seems it would have to be very thin as you'll need it to spread easily as you don't want a lot in the bubble so it can flatten.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inject-superglue-to-fill-peeling-backglass-paint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.