• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IronManSignedMedREV.jpg
JB.jpg
#1 9 years ago

My friend discovered the initials JB under the lockdown bar on his new Ironman VE.

We thought they might be John Borg's initials, written by the man himself? However, while 'J' looks good to me the 'B' seems very different to that from his signature found on the LE playfields of other games. Though it is just initials and not a signature.

So any one might know why it's there? And has anyone else have this written on their IMVE or other pinball from Stern?

JB.jpgJB.jpg
#2 9 years ago

bump

#3 9 years ago

Is that Borg's handwriting?

looks like it might be:

IronManSignedMedREV.jpgIronManSignedMedREV.jpg

#4 9 years ago

The J looks identical. Is it on any other Im's I wonder. The B looks like a D in the sig tho if you look at the little hook on the inside of the D and B is identical too. Wonder why he would randomly initial the game?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is that Borg's handwriting?
looks like it might be:

IronManSignedMedREV.jpg 43 KB

Looks like his JB. Now every one else will be checking their games.

#6 9 years ago

It's either him ....or some line workers having a bit of fun.....no way to tell for sure without asking the man himself................Joey

#7 9 years ago

Could be markings made at the factory that has something to do with the assembly or quality control process.

#8 9 years ago

I'd laugh if the next pinball release is a Borg game and he was just testing the pen out before signing the LE play-fields.

#9 9 years ago

Lol.. I'm imagining a couple production line guys sittin' on their computer going, "look, we got it on pinside. Nyuk, nyuk."

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Could be markings made at the factory that has something to do with the assembly or quality control process.

The most simple answer is often the correct answer.

No different than the "inspected by Raul" stickers.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Could be. But the writing looks very much like his. So someone has gone to the trouble of mimicking his writing the put it under the lockdown for what purpose? And if it's some kind of quality control lets see more IM's with this on it.

Maybe the simplest answer is... It's his initials.

#12 9 years ago

It is the intitials of the infamous line worker. Juan Belidisto. He is the quickest lock down bar reciever installer in all of Stern and he only stands on a single piece of cardboard while working all day long. The legends are told that he is actually an illigitimate son of the one they refer to as 'el plata Liberace'.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is the intitials of the infamous line worker. Juan Belidisto. He is the quickest lock down bar reciever installer in all of Stern and he only stands on a single piece of cardboard while working all day long. The legends are told that he is actually an illigitimate son of the one they refer to as 'el plata Liberace'.

Definitely in the same lineage as Raul. If fatbeerdrinker could find a Raul playfield, this Juan Beldisto lockdown bar, and a Piccolo Zambini cabinet, it would be the holy trinity.

#14 9 years ago

contact stern....maybe you won a prize...like another brand new pinball machine!!!!!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My thoughts exactly, temp employees don't get stickers, and stickers cost money.....

#16 9 years ago

If it's a quality control thing or a parts code, and I'm not saying it's not, you would think that you would see more of it on other pinballs?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from fatbeerdrinker:

If it's a quality control thing or a parts code, and I'm not saying it's not, you would think that you would see more of it on other pinballs?

Maybe they forgot to erase it. Maybe someone use permanent marker instead of erasable. Maybe something had to be double-checked. Maybe there was a new employee who did something different.

There could a hundred different reasons.

#18 9 years ago

There aren't any initials on my imve in that spot. Just an FYI.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from fatbeerdrinker:

My friend discovered the initials JB under the lockdown bar on his new Ironman VE.
We thought they might be John Borg's initials, written by the man himself? However, while 'J' looks good to me the 'B' seems very different to that from his signature found on the LE playfields of other games. Though it is just initials and not a signature.
So any one might know why it's there? And has anyone else have this written on their IMVE or other pinball from Stern?

JB.jpg 133 KB

What ever you do don't polish or wipe it off with solvent. The proof is here, or actually on your machine. Cool!

#20 9 years ago

I know EXACTLY what it is.....Stern wants to save money so instead of using expensive stickers with the inspectors name on it they just give them a cheap marker.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I know EXACTLY what it is.....Stern wants to save money so instead of using expensive stickers with the inspectors name on it they just give them a cheap marker.

Just seems weird that some random inspector has Borg's handwriting exactly.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Just seems weird that some random inspector has Borg's handwriting exactly.

Practice makes perfect.

#23 9 years ago

The O.P. could cover the initials with a small piece of mylar. This would help save it from being accidently removed.

#24 9 years ago

Have you tried emailing John to ask him? He's not a hard guy to talk to...

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Practice makes perfect.

I'll just hang out in my break and perfect Borgs handwriting till I get it perfect then randomly write it on one machine then go back to work on the line........ok? That sounds possible or....

Let's just admit that this guy got lucky and say well done.

Ps not giving you crap mustang Paul and I love sterns mustang but c'mon

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Have you tried emailing John to ask him? He's not a hard guy to talk to...

Maybe there's some sort of door prize for finding the initials

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/initials-written-on-a-imve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.