20180119_163346 (resized).jpg
20180119_163415 (resized).jpg
20180119_163419 (resized).jpg
20180119_163437 (resized).jpg
20180119_163443 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

We just inherited a game room full of cool old games

Very interested in selling. Would. Consider offers to buy all at once or one at a time

All. Help would. Be appreciated

We have
2 antique crane games (wooden cabinet) mutoscope and novelty merchantman
Bally beauty pinball
Williams 10 strike
Midway playball baseball
Williams swinger pinball

Rockola 1422 jukebox

Also several other antique games
Kicker catcher
Some pachenko style games?

We are in San Diego

20180119_163443 (resized).jpg20180119_163443 (resized).jpg

20180119_163437 (resized).jpg20180119_163437 (resized).jpg

20180119_163419 (resized).jpg20180119_163419 (resized).jpg

20180119_163415 (resized).jpg20180119_163415 (resized).jpg

20180119_163346 (resized).jpg20180119_163346 (resized).jpg

20180119_163319 (resized).jpg20180119_163319 (resized).jpg

20180119_163157 (resized).jpg20180119_163157 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

That's a beautiful collection. I would find somebody who loves and appreciate these machines instead of selling them to a dealer or something. Maybe find some room for 1 or 2 machines yourself. This is super nice stuff you will not be able to find soon in this condition. No idea of value. Good luck

#3 6 years ago

I agree. Maybe hang on to one or two. They look to be in very nice condition.

#4 6 years ago

That 10 strike is epic. Awesome collection.

#5 6 years ago

Also why can't I inherit stuff like this

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Also why can't I inherit stuff like this

Get better old relatives.

LTG : )

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get better old relatives.
LTG : )

Thanks Uncle Lloyd...

#8 6 years ago

Thank you guys

There's just not room For this at our house
And we live thousands of miles away.
We have to sell

I'd prefer so sell To someone who wants the collection as you mentioned

Thats why I'm here

Just need leads or advise

#9 6 years ago

I’m sure there is somone here who would be. Post in the California for sale thread. You can’t post pictures there and referencing this thread might be a nono (pinside wants forsale ads)... but it would get local eyes on it as lots of folks from socal in that thread.

Edit: If you post this as a classified you can certainly link to it there.

I personally would love that pitch and bat but I’m about 6 hours away and I imagine your trying to sell it all together.

#10 6 years ago

You say you live thousands of miles away. Are the games in San Diego, or do you live there? If that's where you live, where are the games located? That could be very important, especially if you're looking for someone to pick it up rather than having to ship it.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You say you live thousands of miles away. Are the games in San Diego, or do you live there? If that's where you live, where are the games located? That could be very important, especially if you're looking for someone to pick it up rather than having to ship it.

Oh good eye... I read that as the games were in San Diego... maybe they aren’t?

#12 6 years ago

Games are in San Diego

I'm here in San Diego now, but live in atlanta

#13 6 years ago

That manikin bowler is really cool! Im sure someone would buy the whole collection pretty quick

#14 6 years ago

How much for the wallpaper?

#15 6 years ago

Lovely collection, whomever you inherited it from was hella cool. Sorry for your loss. But congrats on your windfall of collectibles & glws!

#16 6 years ago

That Bally Beauty looks freaking cool as heck. Nice collection. Some lucky buyer will get some nice stuff.

#17 6 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss.

If you're trying to get out of this quickly, I would look into getting those games to Captains Auction Warehouse in Anaheim. You'd get a fair price, I think, and they would be able to store until the next auction.

Pacific Pinball Museum (Alameda, near Oakland) or the Museum of Pinball (Banning, closer to you), would take this stuff if you want the tax deduction.

All of those pieces look really beautiful, and I hope you find them good homes.

#18 6 years ago

Beautiful. Sorry for your loss. If I lived closer I’d drive over. My wife would love the play ball.

#19 6 years ago

Sorry to hear of your loss.

These games have a certain value which may or may not be much greater than what you think they are worth. If you need to sell quickly just remember that you will get a fraction of what you would get if you took your time (like many things, time = money). Selling them in a lot instead of separately will reduce the total by a great amount. You will be contacted by many who will offer you somewhere between 5% and 100% of what they are worth so keep this in mind (but won't know what that number is until you do more research).

My advice would be to start a new thread here on pinside for one of the items (with lots of pictures from every angle) and simply ask for an estimate of what the item is worth. Then do the next one. This will give you an estimate of what they are worth becaus there are a number of honest people that frequent this site.

Then you will at least be in a position to know (if you have to sell quickly) how much it will be costing you. Also may be better to put into storage for some time including having them moved to you home town first so you don't make rash decisions and lose much more than what you might think.

The first one, Ten Strikes is for sure worth thousands just on its own but I'm not sure how many thousands that is since outside of my are of expertise. I would start a thread to ask value of that one first.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Here is one in rough condition for sale for $4000 and yours looks very nice.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59276

That is the same one, and it is the OPs listing.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That is the same one, and it is the OPs listing.

Hah that's funny lol! Didn't even check that. So it's simultaneously in rough and very nice condition -My Bad

#22 6 years ago

Thank you to everyone who has posted this is a lot of good information. Yes, that is my listing on the bowling game. I do not claim to know how to list the condition

#23 6 years ago

Spinal
Thank k you for the detailed answer
Hayes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inherited-a-game-room?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.