View topic image gallery

IMG_1969 (resized).JPG
IMG_1957 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170601_224852 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170601_224858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170601_224908 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170601_224917 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170601_224923 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from sraasch:

I have a 1977 Big Deal pinball without coin mechs. I see that I can buy mechs at a number of places.

Unless you are going to operate it, or this has some sentimental value to you, my advice would be to put on on free play and be done with it.

You said you are a newbie. This is a phase that most newbies (myself included) go through. Want the machines all complete, down to the coin mechs. Want to drop the quarter - to get that arcade feeling etc., etc. All that flies out the window in short order. Coin operation is a PIA on a good day.

My prediction is that if you stay with it, your Big Deal will be sold in a few years anyway. From the looks of that door, it probably isn't a HOU collectors quality thing. Just concentrate on getting it to run real solid. Getting the pops to pop well and the flippers to really flip. Clean it up nice. Get the score reels dialed in etc.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from sraasch:

As you can see, the wiring harness was completely ripped out, so I'm also looking for information on just what that should look like (anybody?).

By the way, back in the day, when operators were unloading machines to the home market, some would strip out the wiring so that the machine wouldn't find it's way into a competitor's hands and be used as competition.

So...you likely have to figure out the hack and unhack it. Really, save yourself the aggravation. Just go the free play route. I have a game like this. It is a keeper and my designated "holy grail". I have no desire to try to put the coin mechs and associated wiring back in that game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/info-on-williams-1977-coin-mechs?tu=newmantjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.