Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LorenZ
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I was reading my complete pinball book today and was surprised to find that Sega made machines in the 70s. When I did a search on IPDB and pinside the titles were there but not very many pics and very little info. Anybody had any experience playing one of these? Are there many around? or were they just for Japan?

#3 8 years ago

There is a local collector with a sega pin in storage that works. It occasionally gets brought to pinball expo for play. Either way its a pretty neat Solid State pin. Very different feel than your standard B/W pins. Has some unique things like slings that actually move like battlefield mini playfield kicker on shadow.

#4 8 years ago

Hi, I live in New Zealand. There are Sega EM's around the country although not in any large numbers. The playfields on most of them are in great shape as they must have used some hard polyurethane or similar to protect them. Most have 2 ball multiball and usually some playfield toy or feature not used by any of the other big 3 manufacturers that makes the game interesting.
The relays in the base are miniature in a clear plastic case ( like the old camera flash cubes). Some of the slingshots or bumpers are not that strong but that was the design they used.

#5 8 years ago

That pinball news article was pretty neat. Thanks for the info. Hopefully there will be a Sega pin at expo that I can play. It makes me wonder if there are arcade and pinball auctions in Japan. I'm thinking it wouldn't be as easy to google a Japanese seller considering I have no knowledge of the language.

6 years later
#6 2 years ago

No more informations 6 years later ???

I'm the owner of a Monte Rosa

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3416

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/info-on-segas-early-em-and-ss-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.