(Topic ID: 130067)

Info needed TOM Dreaded Secret Ball Lock!

By Magicchiz

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Well I am trying to narrow down this issue on my TOM. If anybody has had this issue please chime in. I have the Dreaded Secret Ball Lock! Randomly my tom will trigger the Secret ball lock with the guy falling down the stairs. It happens even without a ball falling down the trunk. it then gets confused and Ball locks are screwed up. Also Multi ball is acting weird and triggering with other modes going. I have checked all switches and trunk is turning ok.
I have not been looking at voltage yet. I did reseat Rom's. Any help would be great.
Magicchiz

#2 8 years ago

We had this happen and it was switch 35. On our game it was the transmitter and receiver optos under the playfield on either side of the trunk. Lloyd and other folks helped us figure it out, hope it works for you..!

#3 8 years ago

put your game in switch test mode, turn the volume up and just let it sit there for awhile. go grab a beer and surf the net and keep an ear out to see if you have some opto[s] closing occasionally. your problem sounds like flaky optos to me.

#4 8 years ago

Ok, as far as I can tell it is fixed. Checked all optos and they were working. Although I believe the opto transmitter in the trunk had a stripped screw. So with things banging around the opto moved enough to register the secret ball lock. I made shure it was lined up and now screwed down tight. We are back in business.
Thanks
magicchiz

#5 8 years ago

Great! Glad to hear it was an easy fix...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/info-needed-tom-dreaded-secret-ball-lock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.