“Which game would you rather own?”

• Indy500 16 votes
    43%
  • Congo 21 votes
    57%

(37 votes)

#1 5 months ago

Love the VS threads so here we go...
Indy500 or Congo ? To me both are fast,fun, lots of flow and have limited production numbers.I own both but which would you rather own and why?

#2 5 months ago

I’m partial to Indy. Congo really gets old for me every game feels the same, same order, same progress, and the dumb monkey game is one of the stupidest things in pinball history. Too many dumb video modes too.

Indy mixes it up so every game won’t feel identical. Great speed and flow.

#3 5 months ago

I500 is the most underrated non A title of the 90’s WPC era. Speed, lots of modes, great sounds, several timed shots, one of the better video modes, cool shots with all the flippers..

#4 5 months ago

I like Congo. Interesting layout, fun gameplay. Not incredibly deep, but can be fun with multiplayer sessions. A little bit of an odd duck, but that's part of its charm. I tend to gravitate towards games that are slightly odd or unusual in some way. But, that's also sometimes why those types of games didn't generally have commercial success.

I like classic/muscle cars, but most car themes just don't resonate with me too much. Most of them boil down to shifting gears, beating the clock, and/or locking things up for multiball. Although with Indy500, you have the spinning car gimmick. I've only had a handful of plays on Indy500's, but it didn't really grab me like other titles do.

#5 5 months ago

I used to own both, and I'd say they are about equal. Both games are very cool and fun in their own way. If I had to choose, I'd probably give a slight nod to I500. That ball lock is just awesome, and I love the music!

#6 5 months ago

Indy 500 is fast and fun as hell. Tough too.

Congo is more of a novelty pin. Didn't last long with me.

#7 5 months ago

Congo1000%

#8 5 months ago

I had both...got bored with Indy and still have Congo. Congo has some real satisfying shots....Indy not so much.

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I used to own both, and I'd say they are about equal. Both games are very cool and fun in their own way. If I had to choose, I'd probably give a slight nod to I500. That ball lock is just awesome, and I love the music!

I think I pretty much feel the same way. Although I've only have had Indy for maybe a month. Congo a few years now. Love playing catch with Amy but also love the right ramp shot and making the car spin on Indy! Interesting to see peoples opinions.

#10 5 months ago

I love Congo. Modes are unique and fun. Layout is one of the best and nothing beats volcano shot. Tons to do and just a fun quirku pin. That said, I sold mine and don't miss it. It's a fairly easy game and once you learn strategies it's repetitive. I500 is better playing pin imo. Lots of action, mb's, and something always to shoot for. I agree with forceflow in that I love cars but theme feels week on Indy for some reason. Not sure where prices are at but pretty sure you can get i500 much cheaper than congo.

#11 5 months ago

I've played them both quite a bit and they are both really good games. Congo have a special feel to it and is the one thats on my wishlist.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside