9D68D01A-D99E-4BB1-AAD2-79D6EBD5B980 (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
B4F64CB5-0063-4FA4-BD60-355CB6AD1947 (resized).jpeg
ROTLA (resized).jpg
IMG_6884 (resized).JPG
IMG_6943 (resized).JPG
20180310_113554 (resized).jpg
Smoking on the holodeck.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 6 years ago

If I liked TNG, that game would be an absolute steal for what you get and how it plays. IJ is starting to get overpriced now in my opinion for the gameplay which seems to live in the lower half of the PF. The problem is the cabinet, them, sound, music is so damn good, I would prob just buy it for that (again).....I just don't want to pay the premium it's now commanding.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I'll throw my thoughts into the debate, since I've owned both a few times and own STTNG now.
IJ theme is better than STTNG, it just is. IJ does an incredible job of sampling from the franchise and making you feel you're ''on an adventure'' and has one of the best, if not the best shots and super jackpots in all of pinball. The callouts are superb. When you smack that captive ball to get the whip crack for 100 million, does it get any better? There is a serious knock on IJ though imo, and that is it's way too easy to get multiball going, and it's right in your face to tempt you to do it. Great modes in IJ.
On the other side, STTNG is a definite Steve Ritchie masterpiece. I wouldn't have the outlanes any other way, and yes they can be frustrating and leave you one shot off a lot of times, but if you're on your game, you can pound STTNG to the moon, and if you're not, it will snake you all day out those outlanes and leave you well under a billion for a game.
The mutliball is more or less an afterthought in strategy because of how much else there is to do in STTNG, between the main modes and the neutral zone modes, when you do decide to go for multiball, it's perfectly executed and that shot into the Borg is also in the running for best shots in pinball, that is one fantastic Super Jackpot. The shots in general in Next Gen are better than in IJ imo. The extra flipper over IJ really gets a controllable flow going.
If you want to talk about great theme, really nice backglass, coolness with excellent gameplay, IJ is that game. If you want to talk about a masterpiece, with super flow and near perfect gameplay, STTNG is that game.
Both awesome games, and both have superb callouts and gameplay, but I feel STTNG edges it out overall.

Perfectly said! Seriously poetry.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Wanted
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,419.00
$ 12.95
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-vs-sttng?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.