Topic Stats

• 713 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 595 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LeftSide (resized).jpg
RightSide (resized).jpg
Sword (resized).jpg
20200529_141304 (resized).jpg
20200529_140958 (resized).jpg
CCF734BE-C3DE-431B-B17B-A8A1D3E8E9C4 (resized).jpeg
5E94CD5D-B763-4CB1-85F2-6390752B02BA (resized).jpeg
FF1F3761-8256-4AAB-8408-990CDDEF454F (resized).jpeg
8B22170A-58F4-4E44-8B8A-7DFB92ED04C4 (resized).jpeg
indyfull (resized).jpg
883EF67A-B9C8-4CAC-BA24-E0BDBC54066A (resized).jpeg
147EA729-F404-4ABB-AD18-8132E61F8987 (resized).jpeg
25B8CE27-1C2A-4723-A18A-6FC4B54B6111 (resized).jpeg
E9D23EDC-B156-4D1E-8377-E3F914D84BC5 (resized).jpeg
F59D2085-F0BA-4016-B037-911FECD31411 (resized).jpeg
A9DEDD59-99C0-46F8-8037-6C378AFD3FDE (resized).jpeg

There are 713 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 32 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

You are welcome. Sunlights are a bit broader spectrum than warm white. Some rightfully feel like it may be a bit cold for this machine as it is normally warmly lit with incandescents. Stock incandescent light gives the machine a more earthy brown tone. So the LEDs definitely brighten the game up and change the overall look. Also with mine the back glass has a different tint and hue than the stock translite.
One thing is for certain ... sunlights for the inserts really makes it pop... even if you were not to use them for the GI. The inserts in this machine are complex... lots of different colorings... using the sunlights really shows them off nicely.

I get why some would feel that way. What's really unique about IJ is there's a lot of detail in their inserts so highlighting those in the game makes a lot sense (at least to me).

#652 32 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Where'd you get the labels?

I got them years ago from treasurecove and I’m pretty sure they still offer them... just contact them via email.

https://treasurecovepinball.com

#653 28 days ago

Won’t be able to put this thing in for a few days...

But yeah ... it’s pretty... so what... nobody is going to see it. Clearly sign that you’ve gone overboard on some things

If I ever get a chance to restore a CFTBL... there will be chrome !!!

D721FF5B-05F6-47BE-83C4-9D9274D4CFBC (resized).jpeg

#654 27 days ago

My original apron wireform had some tarnishing ... Chris @ pinballplating kindly swapped it out for me ... this is the final piece of the topside !!! One thing to note on the apron ... I used black washers and black screws to hold the apron down... just to black it out a bit. Normally they are standard zinc hardware.

I’ve since aligned the flippers

4C319AC7-6195-4C61-9226-A6C1D760BF77 (resized).jpegAB9251FC-B33E-4BDB-8F2A-17C7B0CA6D9B (resized).jpeg

#655 27 days ago

It’s the little stuff ....

Putting the serial number tags on the unit ... Installed new yellow rubber lockdown receiver handle cover.
784903DC-1427-4357-ABF2-61BE80033E4D (resized).jpeg

50417CCD-EF93-422C-87EE-CD43422C7CD5 (resized).jpeg
#656 26 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It’s the little stuff ....
Putting the serial number tags on the unit ... Installed new yellow rubber lockdown receiver handle cover.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Incredible job on your restoration....hopefully u get to fire it up and play a few games soon

#657 26 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Incredible job on your restoration....hopefully u get to fire it up and play a few games soon

Thank you! Hopefully tomorrow I will get to play game #1 ... I don't anticipate it to be a strategic game by any means!

#658 26 days ago

Today is the day!

Gonna wait till everyone is out of the house ... need this to be uninterrupted

F59D2085-F0BA-4016-B037-911FECD31411 (resized).jpegB142CE20-E38B-4BFF-AE13-0F6745E62EA5 (resized).jpegEC228611-4D11-43EC-BA5E-8B23A0C97981 (resized).jpegAF59B1FE-1A8C-4F4F-9B96-F5C92AD2B00D (resized).jpegA9DEDD59-99C0-46F8-8037-6C378AFD3FDE (resized).jpeg
#659 26 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Today is the day!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm excited for ya....

#660 26 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Today is the day!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Woohoooo!!!! Congrats! What’s the mylar on the subway for?

#661 25 days ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Woohoooo!!!! Congrats! What’s the mylar on the subway for?

They must have put it there because there is a flasher socket really close ... and if the tabs on the socket touch the subway it could be a shorting situation. So it was put there out of the abundance caution...and I don’t really need it... just keeping true.

#662 25 days ago

Did a quick run through before I played...

- Missed one nut on the underside
- Drop targets needed to be adjusted so they would be flush with the playfield when they are in dropped position.

E9D23EDC-B156-4D1E-8377-E3F914D84BC5 (resized).jpeg

#663 25 days ago

Welp.... done.

zero issues.... other than it looks like its as bright as the SUN! Its not ... the camera his having a hell of a time with it... and my video was cut off because I ran out of disk space on the video camera

Please excuse my horrible playing... I'm just batting things around. I need to get back into the game... I've not played it for a while (pushing two years)

Also...I didn’t wait for PinSound to come up before I started... hence the funky startup audio.

25B8CE27-1C2A-4723-A18A-6FC4B54B6111 (resized).jpeg
#664 25 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Welp.... done.

zero issues.... other than it looks like its as bright as the SUN! Its not ... the camera his having a hell of a time with it... and my video was cut off because I ran out of disk space on the video camera
Please excuse my horrible playing... I'm just batting things around. I need to get back into the game... I've not played it for a while (pushing two years)

For some reason, video is unavailable

#665 25 days ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

For some reason, video is unavailable

Should be fixed now.

#666 25 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Should be fixed now.

Great work....was hoping to see how smooth your POA worked

#667 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Great work....was hoping to see how smooth your POA worked

Smooth as butta... I'm not playing so well though. It didn't have the right flipper coils on it originally... these have a bit more pep. Its been almost two years since I've played it... I can't get the outer loops so well.... and I'm not really trying that hard. Just enjoying the experience of the game.

#668 25 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Smooth as butta... I'm not playing so well though. It didn't have the right flipper coils on it originally... these have a bit more pep. Its been almost two years since I've played it... I can't get the outer loops so well.... and I'm not really trying that hard. Just enjoying the experience of the game.

No doubt that game is pure perfection.....

#669 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No doubt that game is pure perfection.....

Its also effin' fast! With all of the dirt gone... and a smooth clear-coat... yikes!

#670 25 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Its also effin' fast! With all of the dirt gone... and a smooth clear-coat... yikes!

My play field is in perfect condition. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how u look at it) its had a factory installed play field protector. I want to remove, but really nervous about damaging the play field....hmmm probably gonna have to roll the dice at some point

#671 25 days ago

Played a few more games...

Center pop started to have a mind of its own... easy fix.

Here is a video of kornfreak28 planes in action! They are awesome !!!

And another video that is a bit more accurate in terms of color

#672 25 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

sweet !

#673 25 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Sweet looking machine! Enjoy!

#674 25 days ago

I’ve got a new set of manuals and Williams manilla envelope, goodie bag and tech chart to include and call it 100%

#675 25 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve got a new set of manuals and Williams manilla envelope, goodie bag and tech chart to include and call it 100%

Hope your planning on keeping that game for a long long time!

#676 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hope your planning on keeping that game for a long long time!

That’s the plan!

#677 25 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It really is a thing of beauty! Like a brand new machine. Well done on your restoration - this is easily the gold standard.

I'm really happy that I was able to contribute in a very tiny way.

#678 24 days ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

It really is a thing of beauty! Like a brand new machine. Well done on your restoration - this is easily the gold standard.
I'm really happy that I was able to contribute in a very tiny way.

Thank you so much!!! You’re contribution was not tiny... it actually drives the look and feel significantly!!! ... and it’s “... appearance is exactly the way I imagined!”

#679 24 days ago

I’m pushing 50... many of you are likely in the same boat probably had fond memories of the movies of your childhood. For me it was Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Consequently I like many things of the era... especially vintage electronics and games.

So today I am celebrating my accomplishment with a viewing of probably my favorite movie of all time (even though I’m a Star Wars dork)... Raiders of the Lost Ark

I’m watching it on CED format on my vintage CRT television... It’s not the home theater experience... I have that in the other room. It’s the experience that brings me back... it makes me feel good.

... remember ... It’s not the years... It’s the mileage.

#680 24 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m pushing 50... many of you are likely in the same boat probably had fond memories of the movies of your childhood. For me it was Star Wars and Indiana Jones.
Consequently I like many things of the era... especially vintage electronics and games.
So today I am celebrating my accomplishment with a viewing of probably my favorite movie of all time (even though I’m a Star Wars dork)... Raiders of the Lost Ark
I’m watching it on CED format on my vintage CRT television... It’s not the home theater experience... I have that in the other room. It’s the experience that brings me back... it makes me feel good.

My fav are SW of course BUT I love The last crusade

#681 24 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

CED format on a big ol' Zenith console TV. Now that's something.

When I was very young, my dad aquired a bootleg copy of Raiders of the Lost Ark from...somewhere...for our new Betamax machine. Thing is, the tape had no audio, but for some reason we had all the movie audio on cassette tape. In order to watch, you had to line up the video with the audio cassette - and then stop and flip the cassette halfway through and re-sync just to finish the movie.

That's my nostalgic Raiders experience. Trying to perfectly line up that audio. I was only four or five years old - far too young for that movie - but it captivated me in a way that has lasted my entire life.

Star Wars was an inspiration to me, but Indiana Jones was my religion.

#682 24 days ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

CED format on a big ol' Zenith console TV. Now that's something.
When I was very young, my dad aquired a bootleg copy of Raiders of the Lost Ark from...somewhere...for our new Betamax machine. Thing is, the tape had no audio, but for some reason we had all the movie audio on cassette tape. In order to watch, you had to line up the video with the audio cassette - and then stop and flip the cassette halfway through and re-sync just to finish the movie.
That's my nostalgic Raiders experience. Trying to perfectly line up that audio. I was only four or five years old - far too young for that movie - but it captivated me in a way that has lasted my entire life.
Star Wars was an inspiration to me, but Indiana Jones was my religion.

I love that story!!! My best friend had a bootleg on his Betamax... that’s where I saw it first. Oh BTW ... there is a Betamax player to the left of that CED player

I was more of a Star Wars kid... but Indy is where I grew up a little and really learned to appreciate that kind of movie making.

#683 23 days ago

So I've been playing this game again ... its so great. I've missed it!

I'm in the process of tweaking my pinsound mix to my personal taste. I've the Endprodukt mix which is great in many ways... I appreciate the effort put into this, but I'm working on trimming it down a bit. There are some call-outs that don't quite work (either contextually, or they are too long or they are not vocally isolated enough from where they came from) so I'm removing those. The Harrison Ford impersonator has some really good lines but the majority of them ... because I've been listening to Harrison Ford my entire life... are sightly off and they bug me... so those have to go, I think I kept about two of them ("get the jackpot" and "nice shot"). There was also an attempt on Mola Ram type accented call-outs and those had to go as they were really cheesy and cliche' and don't fit IMHO. The music, and sfx tracks are great. So for the first pass through, the voice call-outs and jingles have been thinned quite a bit, all totaled I removed 83 voice samples and 17 jingle samples.

#684 22 days ago

The pinsound "shakerization" defaults for IJ are to active for my taste. I like shaker events to be subtle... it feels like they incorporated shaker events on almost everything that is either a gun sound or explosion or punch sound. The way this works is if you edit the shaker events, you override them all. So basically I've no control over the built in shaker events... they are not able to be selectively altered. As soon as you edit the file, you lose all of the built in events and start from nothing. That's kind of a drag... they should not be hard-coded in there IMHO. I like the duration and settings of some of them... I would just like to disable certain ones. No biggie.

#685 22 days ago

I am learning so much from all this.

Should I switch to LED? (Only with LED OCD)
Should I get PinSound? (Maybe someday)
Should I get a shaker? (No)

I feel that your tastes regarding these upgrades are pretty close to my own, so I can trust your judgement on it. A lot of people just go overboard on everything, but you know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em.

Thanks for blazing the trail!

#686 22 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

So I've been playing this game again ... its so great. I've missed it!
I'm in the process of tweaking my pinsound mix to my personal taste. I've the Endprodukt mix which is great in many ways... I appreciate the effort put into this, but I'm working on trimming it down a bit. There are some call-outs that don't quite work (either contextually, or they are too long or they are not vocally isolated enough from where they came from) so I'm removing those. The Harrison Ford impersonator has some really good lines but the majority of them ... because I've been listening to Harrison Ford my entire life... are sightly off and they bug me... so those have to go, I think I kept about two of them ("get the jackpot" and "nice shot"). There was also an attempt on Mola Ram type accented call-outs and those had to go as they were really cheesy and cliche' and don't fit IMHO. The music, and sfx tracks are great. So for the first pass through, the voice call-outs and jingles have been thinned quite a bit, all totaled I removed 83 voice samples and 17 jingle samples.

Fully agree...

#687 22 days ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I am learning so much from all this.
Should I switch to LED? (Only with LED OCD)
Should I get PinSound? (Maybe someday)
Should I get a shaker? (No)
I feel that your tastes regarding these upgrades are pretty close to my own, so I can trust your judgement on it. A lot of people just go overboard on everything, but you know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em.
Thanks for blazing the trail!

Thanks! Yeah its going to take some time to get the shaker right. I don't need it going off every time the ball is in the pop-bumper area... the audio is enough for that... or on the slingshots.

Off the top of my head the minimum would be:
- When you hit the single drop target and get the idol(s).
- Completing left or right ramps
- Video modes could use a bit (like a slight rumble when you change tracks or hit a barrier in the escape the tunnel), and gunshots in the raven bar
- Ball launch
- Idol lock and release would be another candidate for a slight rumble.

I've got to have someone play the game and I have to take notes to get the events documented.

The other thing with the pinsound is the dynamic range and 2.1 sound system gives you quite a bit of natural rumble from the sub... in many cases its almost as good as the shaker at giving you that immersive feeling.

#688 22 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Thanks! Yeah its going to take some time to get the shaker right. I don't need it going off every time the ball is in the pop-bumper area... the audio is enough for that... or on the slingshots.
Off the top of my head the minimum would be:
- When you hit the single drop target and get the idol(s).
- Completing left or right ramps
- Video modes could use a bit (like a slight rumble when you change tracks or hit a barrier in the escape the tunnel), and gunshots in the raven bar
- Ball launch
- Idol lock and release would be another candidate for a slight rumble.
I've got to have someone play the game and I have to take notes to get the events documented.
The other thing with the pinsound is the dynamic range and 2.1 sound system gives you quite a bit of natural rumble from the sub... in many cases its almost as good as the shaker at giving you that immersive feeling.

When I was playing last night I felt exactly the same way. I had the music turned up (leveland I felt a lot of natural rumble from the sub, and thought to myself maybe I don't need a shaker? That being said I do love shakers...

#689 19 days ago

The last of the “stuff”...

All documentation and original “goodie bag” material. I ain’t stapling it to the cabinet !
I've got the promo plastics somewhere... need to find them.

147EA729-F404-4ABB-AD18-8132E61F8987 (resized).jpeg883EF67A-B9C8-4CAC-BA24-E0BDBC54066A (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#690 12 days ago

I did actually get a replacement POA playfield from Mirco... it’s going to sit in storage for a while as I’m not really interested in tearing the POA back down at this point. Me buying it in the first place was just overkill

In the picture the one on the left is for the metal side rails and the one on the right is for the more common red plastic side rails.
8B22170A-58F4-4E44-8B8A-7DFB92ED04C4 (resized).jpeg

#691 12 days ago

Awesome; thanks ricochet for sharing these differences.

#692 7 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

All documentation and original “goodie bag” material. I ain’t stapling it to the cabinet !

This is awesome! The perfect finishing touch!

#693 7 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Damn. That really is impressive you found all those items. Are they original or repro? Can you share the source? I did a Funhouse Resto and that would be cool to try to acquire those items for my game.

#694 7 days ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Damn. That really is impressive you found all those items. Are they original or repro? Can you share the source? I did a Funhouse Resto and that would be cool to try to acquire those items for my game.

I searched the parts list, forums and the internet to determine what was actually shipped with the game.

Most stuff was found via eBay... I did have to buy the flipper gauge, linkage, roll pins and interlock actuator from Marco. All the documents are original. I searched years for a pristine set of manuals ... I had purchased several that I thought were better than they ended up being. The main goody bag (with bulbs sockets and fuses) is from STTNG which happens to have the same content as IJ. The incandescent bulbs are kind of pointless in this restoration .

This was one of those background tasks.

#695 7 days ago

I recently received some drop target decals from aaronzoom. I really like what be did with these ... they are foil. The color looks very close to the the OEM decals and they twinkle nicely in the light.

Will be swapping these in the next time I flip the playfield up.
FF1F3761-8256-4AAB-8408-990CDDEF454F (resized).jpeg5E94CD5D-B763-4CB1-85F2-6390752B02BA (resized).jpegCCF734BE-C3DE-431B-B17B-A8A1D3E8E9C4 (resized).jpeg

#696 7 days ago

Like the mirrored backglasses, photos can't quite capture how nice reflective details are compared to seeing them in person.

That said, I like your last pic with a bit of the reflective flare!

#697 7 days ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Like the mirrored backglasses, photos can't quite capture how nice reflective details are compared to seeing them in person.
That said, I like your last pic with a bit of the reflective flare!

Yeah... I wanted to show how it really does shine. That's the cool thing about them... they look stock... then when you hit them with light... gold!

#698 6 days ago

I’ve been having a hell of a time getting PinSound to reliably detect the USB drive...

Here is my solution:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound/page/7#post-5671263

#699 5 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yeah... I wanted to show how it really does shine. That's the cool thing about them... they look stock... then when you hit them with light... gold!

Those targets look great....maybe I'll swap mine out this weekend. I'd also like to see how they look if they were illuminated from under the play field. I'm planning to try that this weekend.

#700 5 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve been having a hell of a time getting PinSound to reliably detect the USB drive...
Here is my solution:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound/page/7#post-5671263

I had a similar issue with my PinSound + board as well. My issue ended up being firmware related. Once I downloaded the latest firmware my issues went away.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Streetsboro, OH
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
There are 713 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside