Indy missing some sounds

By Archieball

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm scratching my head here. When running a test on my Williams Indiana Jones the whipping sound which indicates the start of the test was incredibly loud. After that, during the test, the volume was back to normal and I didn't think more of it. However, when starting a game it turns out that some of the callouts are missing. The music is playing fine. The eleven or so sounds which are in the sound test are present (why are not all included, I wonder?), but some callouts are most certainly gone. I have reseated the ribbon cables, reseated all roms, checked the speakers, reflowed solder on all connectors as well as the rom sockets just for good measure. Same problem.

I had a terrible GI burn on the usual connectors, so I had the power driver board out to fix that, but otherwise I haven't really done anything which could affect the machine lately.

So initial thoughs: are the sounds divided in any way between roms or amps? Does the test only play the sounds it can access and is that why I am only getting a limited amount? Is the sound board ok and does the problem lie in the CPU?

Ideas are welcome and appreciated!

#3 5 years ago

Haven't checked those, will do, thanks. Still wondering why not all sounds are represented in the sound test though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,500 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-missing-some-sounds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.