(Topic ID: 221338)

indy jones locked balls released at game over?

By creepykenny

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Phat_Jay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

ok, so pretty sure i don't know this title (williams indiana jones) very well so here's my question, are the balls locked in the idol released at game over or not?

i currently have one that does not release them at game over or at the start of a new game but it does release them when the game is powered up

is this functioning correctly? passes idol and trough opto tests so it is keeping the ball count correct - i can find no faults so maybe this is what it is ...

#2 5 years ago

no they are held between games but release when the machine is turned on. Last time I played in a tournament I got permission from the TD to restart it before my match

#3 5 years ago

thanks cheddar, i will now stop trying to fix this non-issue since nothing i tried made any difference, btw i can't think of another wpc title that does this which is why i went down this rabbit hole
    still seems weird

#4 5 years ago

There's an adjustment that will force the game to release the balls from the idol lock after each game.

#5 5 years ago

I know a few wpc titles that will hold locked balls on the playfield if a game is started quickly. The player must still go through the routine of locking them up each game. WCS94 and JackBot come to mind.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Elevatorman:

DumbAss is right

Yep, I know TAF has that option. I don't know why the default isn't to release the balls.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Yep, I know TAF has that option. I don't know why the default isn't to release the balls.

The only reason I can think of as to why it's not defaulted (to return the balls to the trough) is that there is no skill shot on the plunger. There's no advantage to actually plunging (launching) the ball into play from the shooter lane versus the idol lock from a scoring or feature standpoint.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

There's an adjustment that will force the game to release the balls from the idol lock after each game.

i looked for that originally and could not find it, didn't see it mentioned in the manual but will search again thru adjustments

found it, A-2 features, item 28 idol ball lock release - doh! why didn't i see this one before - i'm the dumbass

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

I know a few wpc titles that will hold locked balls on the playfield if a game is started quickly. The player must still go through the routine of locking them up each game. WCS94 and JackBot come to mind.

I wasn't meaning to be disrespectful or say you were wrong at all just wanted to type DumbAss is right

#11 5 years ago

Yes DumbAss is indeed correct.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-jones-locked-balls-released-at-game-over?hl=flex_in_aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.