• Latest reply 3 years ago by arolden
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32FCC505-95FA-4483-934A-B041F8C79DC2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2897 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ricochet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

This is an interesting problem.

My entire switch matrix checks out... zero problems (that could be reported using edge and state tests). Coin Door open interlock switch works and properly registers state in test mode.

I did find a thread here where someone had a similar problem and it was due to a broken wire from the coin switch shorting out. I’ve no erroneous shorts.

Anyway... very weird.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your game has two fat white switches on the left inside of the coin door. One is the high power interlock, which when enabled lets high power got to coils and flashers and when disabled cuts high power to the coils and flashers. And has absolutely nothing to do with the coin door open message.
The coin door open message comes up when the memory protect switch opens when you open the coin door. And the message goes away when you close the coin door or push the memory protect switch in.
So the issue is your memory protect switch isn't opening and closing, isn't working, or has a broken wire from it to the CPU.
It is switch #22 on your switch matrix. White wire red stripe and green wire red stripe.
If you go into Tests - Switch Edge - and push it in and release it a few times - does it register on the DMD ?
LTG : )

Yup ... the switch is in fact working fine... and is registering in the switch matrix test perfectly. It makes zero sense. Thanks
IMG_2897 (resized).jpgIMG_2897 (resized).jpg

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

Did you test the switch by manually pushing it, or actually closing the coin door?

I verified that the coin door interlock actuator on the coin door does in fact actuate the switch when the coin door is closed. I've also tested this manually and was careful to make sure both switches were manually actuated when cold booting the machine before releasing them. I've also left the switch test enabled and closed the coin door and verified that the "coin door closed" switch event occurs.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just to be sure - in test it comes up as #22 on the DMD ?
Next up I'd try a factory reset to see if you have garbage in memory.
LTG : )

Yes it does come up as #22... but I will re-check that and I will give the factory reset a shot. I feel like something else is messing with the state of the machine so its almost as if it cant/wont process that switch. My natural inkling is that it would be a shorted switch somewhere but nothing is coming up irregular. I don't have any pinballs in the machine yet... not sure if that should make a difference?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

open the coindoor,
press and hold the coindoor switch.
use the menu buttons......
release the coindoor switch
use the menu buttons....
notice any difference ?

Yes with the switch pressed I get this on the display when trying to use the menu buttons...
32FCC505-95FA-4483-934A-B041F8C79DC2 (resized).jpeg32FCC505-95FA-4483-934A-B041F8C79DC2 (resized).jpeg

#10 3 years ago

Switch test

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

So, the coindoorswitch does its job, but Indiana Jones doesn't show a message on screen.
That's all.

Yes that is correct... and of course no audible warning either when the switch is released (coin door is in opened state). If I recall this machine should produce the warning message ?

#13 3 years ago

LTG I did in fact try a factory reset and it had no effect on the behavior.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from grumppy:

Double check the black wires on the coin switches to see if one is broken off the lug. The door open and bong are not part of the interlock switch. ( It is but but doesn't need to be plugged in for testing)
I unplugged mine from the coin door interface board and it will show the door is open even while the interlock is unplugged. If not at the coin switch follow the black wires.

Everything is clean ... no broken wires.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from grumppy:

Have you pulled the interface board to see if rogue screw or nut fell behind it?

Going to do that next... quite frankly its all I got left to check.

#18 3 years ago

... board is clean... no shorts.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from grumppy:

Then I am guessing your CPU is mad. Is the door issue the only thing not working? Is the high power turning off when the door is open or can you fire the solenoids with out holding in the top switch? seeing as the warning is to let you know the high power is off.

Every single thing works... just no message on the display when the door is opened

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I have a couple WPC games from this era that don’t give the coin door open message on the screen either, but everything works as it should. I just figured they didn’t add the message till later games, and as others have said not on this game.

Thanks for the info! For whatever reason I thought it used to do this. I tore this machine down and restored it. Naturally I’m thinking I broke something... I did update from L-5 to L-7 in the process and I’ve not had this thing powered up in almost 2 years so my brain just may be making stuff up Getting old ... don’t believe the hype.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

Are the wires on switch connected to NO and C ,sounds like your connected to NC and C

It is correctly wired and switch state is correct in test.

#26 3 years ago

Its not in there. I dumped the ROM... no message. Also got verification from another pinsider that this wasn't core code until OS v3.10 or later... and verification from another Indy owner that no message is present. So yeah this question was a red herring sorry for the goose chase

Case closed... Done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ricochet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-doesnt-indicate-coin-door-open?tu=Ricochet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.