Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spinape
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinape.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago

I had the exact same problem with my Indy 500. Bought power fix daughter board. Haven't had a single issue since. http://www.kahr.us

#31 5 years ago

$39 USD. I say it was completely worth it

#35 5 years ago

Yeah. Super easy fix. Took me like 1 minute. Oh.. Time to switch to LED!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Good for you holding to your guns on this one, Grys.
    I have said this many times before, and I'll echo it every time I see it - that board is a band-aid. It is a SOLID band-aid for most people's reset issues, and it'll help get your game around the issue for a long time if your reset issue isn't too bad. I speak from personal experience: it is not the "end all be all, never have a problem again" fix. My TAF was resetting badly, and I installed one, and it STILL reset. I wanted to install the magic bullet and see it all better, but in my world, that didn't happen.
    When rKahr and I discussed the possibilities, he informed me that would be due to the 12V line on the power driver board being weak too. So, if you install one, and your 12V is already weak, and that's where the Kahr board draws from, guess what's going to happen.........?
    I'm sure for operators who want to just get their game back on their feet and have machines all over town to keep running, this is a nice option - and that's awesome. I am just letting you know - from hands-on experience - your reset issue is bad enough - even that magic bullet is not going to stop it. Then you'll end up doing what you should have done the first time: address it by fixing the original problem.
    It's a great product, and awesome for what it does. Use it to get through a get-together, party, pinball leauge tournament day - but DO NOT depend on it for the long haul. Sooner or later, the electrical gremlin will return.

This is true. It is a band aid. I was told that by others before buying it. But im riding it out until it stops working

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinape.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-500-resetting-mid-game?tu=spinape and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.