Linked Games

Topic poll

“Indianapolis 500 or Metalica?”

• Indianapolis 500 29 votes
    43%
  • Metalica Pro 39 votes
    57%

(68 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

Indy has its charms but not a ton of staying power at home. Metallica all the way once this one.

I do not own either and have owned both.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This is a good point... there's a ton of METs out there. I500 only had 2,249 produced - how many of those that are left is unknown. It's definitely can be less easy to track down (although when I searched a few months ago, I found three within 5 hrs of Wash DC... worthy to note that one was priced $1K over market).

Indy isn’t hard to find and it’s cheap.

Easy to find at 2500-3000.

#22 6 years ago

Ha! I didn’t say any of these games are particularly hard to find. Just pointing out isn’t a factor.

I like Indy. I had it for
Maybe 8 months and it was fun. But I was tired of it, and I have a big collection. Once you master the combo shot the thrill is gone.

I do consider Indy one of the better value games these days but all things equal Metallica is a clear choice.

If I were a rabid Indy race fan obviously the choice would be clear too, but I don’t think that’s what the OP wanted to know.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Please please send me in the direction of these unicorns. All the ones I am finding are $3200-3800. I would buy every single one I could find at $2500.

Pinball isn’t wal mart. I can’t “send you in the direction” of a game until it pops up, and I’m sure you know that.

I can only tell you I bought one for $2500 - a NICE one, off pinside last year. Everybody had a shot at it as it was in the
Marketplace. And at pintastic last year there were two nice ones on the flor at under $3000. There’s probably
100 people here who will remember seeing and playing those games, which sat around for 2 days at least before selling (if they did).

If $2500-3000 i500s are unicorns, I’m living in a fantasyland over here on the east coast!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Good point, I am fine with paying a bit more for games but living out here. The weather is perfect.

Everyone says that but then BOOOM! earthquake!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from maestro:

I own both. Indy500 of you want a game that is deep but not so deep it makes casual players run away. Metallica is in my opinion the best Stern put out in at least 10 years. Pick it if you want a game that is very deep, lots of modes and stacking multiballs. Wife and kids probably won't like it as much as you do. In my experience they get into simpler games that have rules that are easier to figure out. As to if you don't like the music, you can change that. Mine had Led Zeppelin on it when I got it. I switched it back to the original score. I say get them both. For the price of I500 and Met pro that's cheaper than a new Stern. Try to get a Metallica with wood back box if you can.

I think metallica is much more wife/kids friendly, unless you think they’ll enjoy getting their ass kicked by the speed of Indy.

“Shoot up the middle, start multiball” is a lot more beginner friendly. Most amateur types “don’t even realize that upper flipper is there, Bobby!”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-500-or-newer-stern-maybe-met?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.