(Topic ID: 111745)

Indy 500 ground short message.

By Lotr-Hobbit

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi folks. Can anyone help me with this? I get a ground short message row 6,7,8 on my Indy 500. I have visually examined the Slam Tilt and coin door switches, all of the leaf type switches, and switch cable insulation and have not found any obvious shorts. Any ideas? Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Is the error persistent or intermittent?

If the error is always there, you can try removing the switch matrix cables from the CPU board and starting the machine up. If the error still comes up, the problem is with the CPU board. If it no longer comes up, you need to keep looking.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks. I did remove the switch matrix cables, and the error persists. Now what? I truly appreciate your input.

#4 9 years ago

Oops. I was wrong. I removed the wrong matrix switch cable. When I removed the correct one (j209), the problem went away. All of the switches are now open.

#5 9 years ago

Game off, row and column connectors removed, check for continuity from those three row wires to ground.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Game off, row and column connectors removed, check for continuity from those three row wires to ground.

Yes this is the next step. And if this doesn't show the pins grounded then try disconnecting your opto power board.

#7 9 years ago

Man, I always forget the opto boards.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks. There was no ground fault with the rows with the row and column connectors removed. I will try the optometry board next. Thanks!

#9 9 years ago

Sorry, my autocorrect turned opto into optometry. I guess I should get better glasses and read my replies before posting...

#10 9 years ago

Fixed. Thanks for your help. It was the chip at u19 on the CPU board. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 17.50
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-500-ground-short-message and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.