Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Thinking of buying one locally. The question I have is do you have to be a racing fan to really appreciate it? I have heard rave reviews about this game. I know there is no wizard mode, however does the rest of the package offer enough to make up for it?

#2 10 years ago

I don't think you have to be a fan of the theme to enjoy any game. I mean The Shadow and Congo movie both sucked in my opinion but I have no plans of selling either anytime soon

I think Indy 500 has some great call outs, music, dots, modes, shots, toys etc... The spinning Indy car on the top right sort of doubles as a shaker motor and really gets going if you can make the right ramp 4-5x in a row as it just continues spinning around. I'm not a racing fan and still appreciate the game even after 2.5 years after ownership. It's also a game you don't see often in people's line ups or at least up where I am.

#3 10 years ago

I am not an owner, but I don't think you need to be a big indy fan to enjoy it. It's a solid game. Local + good price=buy it

#4 10 years ago

I own it and I was never a racing fan, however since owning it I have become a fan due to the awesome announcer callouts. The game is very fun and I find it even more fun than white water pinball which is the same designer.

#5 10 years ago

It is outstanding. I own it and never watch or care about racing. Get one u will love it!

#6 10 years ago

Fun game but hard to find parts for. Make sure everything works before you buy it.

#7 10 years ago

Was my first pin and is the one my boys made me promise I'd never trade/sell.

And I don't think I would get rid of it even if they gave me their blessing. It's just a fun game. And that's coming from someone who isn't a big race fan. Call outs are really well done, and I really never tire of it.

#8 10 years ago

If you haven't played I500, you are welcome to check mine out before you buy.
Although it's a fun game, it's a tough game for scoring, an intermediate to expert's game, IMO.
Also, not selling mine anytime soon either; a keeper.

#9 10 years ago

I hate Indy racing. But its a great game. The ramps are slightly off from the norm and it makes the shots a little harder. Its a lot of fun and rewarding. I was unaware there's no wizard mode. I guess you can get to 200 laps or complete all the inserts. I've done neither. I expected something to happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 17.50
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.