(Topic ID: 254043)

INDISC 2020 -'The Open' IFPA World Championship!

By pinbwzrd

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DRDAVE
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1ST PLACE CLASSICS (resized).jpg
    1578853387599422599251 (resized).jpg
    1578851514390-644613633 (resized).jpg
    20200105_162428 (resized).jpg
    20200105_161925 (resized).jpg
    20200105_162002 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1578274005762 (resized).jpg
    20190110_223035 (resized).jpg
    20190110_134524 (resized).jpg
    imoto-arcade-1 (resized).jpg
    indisc_pin (resized).png
    genexh (resized).jpg
    teolis (resized).jpg
    champions (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

It Never Drains in Southern California 2020!!

Our biggest ever, 'It Never Drains in Southern California' pinball tournament will be held January 9th-12th, 2020 at the Museum of Pinball in Banning, CA. Come participate in one of the largest pinball tournaments in the United States, and visit one of the largest collection of pinballs on the planet!

HUNDREDS of Pinball Machines and Classic Video Games all on Free Play!

New for 2020:
    - 'The Open' IFPA World Championship, newly designated as the 5th major championship!
    - Senior Division
    - Classics Target-Match Play tournament! - (Tickets go on sale Sat, Oct. 26th at 9am PDT. Ticket link: https://indisc2020.eventbrite.com. Max 2 tickets purchased per player.)

More games!
    More space!
    More players!
    More prizes!
    More days!
    More fun!

A Stern Pro Circuit event!

Don't miss this signature event! - Make your plans today!

Please visit our website for additional information:

www.indisc.com

Many more updates coming soon!

champions (resized).jpgchampions (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

When will one be able to purchase tickets to the festival?

#3 4 years ago

Very soon. Will announce on all forums and FB.

#4 4 years ago

What is the qualifying age for the seniors division?

1 month later
    #5 4 years ago

The INDISC team is excited to announce an official partnership with Jeff Teolis of Pinball Profile to bring you the best coverage of the INDISC Pinball Festival. Jeff will be on hand throughout the festival, bringing his quick wit and golden voice to the event and broadcast. Thank you, Jeff!

Stay tuned for additional media partner announcements in the future!
    http://www.indisc.com/media-partners/

teolis (resized).jpgteolis (resized).jpg
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

What is the qualifying age for the seniors division?

Listed under other divisions.

#7 4 years ago

INDISC is excited to announce another official partnership with Gene X Hwang of Orange Photography to bring you photographic coverage of the INDISC Pinball Festival. Gene will be on hand throughout the festival to bring the event to life with his unique and talented brand of photography.

http://www.indisc.com/media-partners/

genexh (resized).jpggenexh (resized).jpg
    #8 4 years ago

The X-Wing will be there?!?!

That settles it, I'm coming. Great photos always!

#9 4 years ago

'The Open'................ BOOSTED!

Thanks to the IFPA, the champion of 'The Open' will win a Munsters Premium Color + cash!

From Josh Sharpe, President of the IFPA:

"With THE OPEN - IFPA World Championship, the IFPA is excited to be contributing a NIB Munsters Premium ($7599 value) to the prize pool along with the historic Space Jet trophy and World Pinball Champion title."

....and, of course, his or her name on a very cool hanging banner!

Make your plans yet?
    indisc_pin (resized).pngindisc_pin (resized).png

#10 4 years ago

INDISC is thrilled to announce an official partnership with Imoto Harney as the official videographer for the INDISC Pinball Festival. Imoto will be documenting the festival along with helping out on the numerous live broadcasts from the event.

imoto-arcade-1 (resized).jpgimoto-arcade-1 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #11 4 years ago

9 days till INDISC!
    Join us!

20190110_134524 (resized).jpg20190110_134524 (resized).jpg20190110_223035 (resized).jpg20190110_223035 (resized).jpg
    #12 4 years ago

INDISC 2020 starts this Thursday!

Www.indisc.com

20200105_162002 (resized).jpg20200105_162002 (resized).jpg20200105_161925 (resized).jpg20200105_161925 (resized).jpg20200105_162428 (resized).jpg20200105_162428 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1578274005762 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1578274005762 (resized).jpg
    #13 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me what is going on with stream for INDISC 2020 please?
    Links on indisc Facebook page take you to a strange web-site - https: // liveshdplay24.com / IFPA-World-Championship /
    This then asks you to sign up for a free account but then wants credit card details to verify your location.
    Looks very very much like a SCAM.

Checked YouTube and Twitch and IE haven't posted any new videos.

Anyone else having same trouble??

Message from Jeff Teollis - stream will be on Twitch/IE Pinball in 8 hours!

Jim

#14 4 years ago

Dina has done some further research and IT IS A SCAM !!!
    Check this -
    http://garwarner.blogspot.com/2018/05/affiliate-movie-streaming-scam-service.html
    The SCAM will cost you €39 per month FOREVER !!!

#15 4 years ago

The first 2 days were amazing. Tons of energy tons of pros. Dont miss the last 2 days.

#16 4 years ago

The spam links were taken care of. Some creep posted them to the Facebook group and I don’t think any of the directors noticed since the event had started. All IEPinball event streams throughout the year are broadcast via the twitch IEPinball channel so following at twitch.com/iepinball is the best way to view and make sure you’re in the right place. Also, IEPinball will never charge a fee to watch the stream so if any links are asking for money you’re definitely in the wrong place.

#17 4 years ago

Are the live scores posted anywhere?

Edit:
    Found it!

https://www.neverdrains.com//2020/playerIndex.php

#18 4 years ago

There's literally like 20 people in here this morning with 500 pinball machines. Have your fill of anything you please. I've already played lots of Elvira 3, Tron, Star Wars, Beatles, WOZ, ACDC, just getting started.

1578851514390-644613633 (resized).jpg1578851514390-644613633 (resized).jpg

#19 4 years ago

I'll be there in three hours!

#20 4 years ago

That bank of games with dedicated screens looks amazing.

#21 4 years ago

They have made the whole area world class in my opinion. Comfortable to wait, looks nice etcetera.

I'm going to compliment everyone involved.

#22 4 years ago

They finally got EATPM here! Played a bunch of games already on all 3 Elviras. Dang I like all 3 of them.

1578853387599422599251 (resized).jpg1578853387599422599251 (resized).jpg

#23 4 years ago

one of the most enjoyable aspects of indisc was that nobody there seemed to care about stranger things or rick and morty.

#24 4 years ago

Had a blast and will definitely be back next year if my schedule permits.

Thanks again to all the organizers/volunteers!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

There's literally like 20 people in here this morning with 500 pinball machines. Have your fill of anything you please. I've already played lots of Elvira 3, Tron, Star Wars, Beatles, WOZ, ACDC, just getting started.
    [quoted image]

Hey, that's me on the left in your photo! I think I'm playing Star Trek. I also got in a lot of Beatles, AC/DC, Star Wars, Aerosmith, and Big Lebowski. Got there at nine sharp and watched the magic happen as everything got turned on. It was a welcome chill day after the madness of Saturday.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

one of the most enjoyable aspects of indisc was that nobody there seemed to care about stranger things or rick and morty.

Where was Rick and Morty?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Scarpacifico:

Hey, that's me on the left in your photo! I think I'm playing Star Trek. I also got in a lot of Beatles, AC/DC, Star Wars, Aerosmith, and Big Lebowski. Got there at nine sharp and watched the magic happen as everything got turned on. It was a welcome chill day after the madness of Saturday.

Cool, I couldn't believe it when we walked in at 9, about a dozen or so of us but most went to the tournament side, leaving the few of us in the main hall with all those machines! I started with Elvira 3 and got my fill of that, then lots of Tron LE, MM, Twilight Zone, Beatles, ACDC, Metallica, and so on. That was fun, I played pinball until I was about ready to have a seizure. I don't recall seling Rick and Morty, although I wasn't looking for it. I don't even know what Rick and Morty is

#28 4 years ago

I did a quick interview with The Open Winner, Eric Stone, prior to his wins on Saturday and Sunday: The Classic Pinball Podcast.

The posts above are accurate and reflect all the games available on free play with zero wait. So those who want to play and not compete you can get more than your fill.

No Rick and Morty but there was a Big Lebowski. Fun game!

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

So many great games.

I like the hype machine but standing in those endless rows I completely forget about many things.

#30 4 years ago

My cohost Dave interviews Eric Stone about his win at The Open: The Classic Pinball Podcast. This interview takes over where I left off with my minisode earlier this week.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indisc-2020-the-open-ifpa-world-championship?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.