(Topic ID: 35679)

Indianapolis Area Pinball Club

By Napabar

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Sending a shout out to my fellow Indy area pinheads. Would be cool to put together a little group were we could take turns hosting at our houses to play pinball, making road trips to the Lafayette pinball arcade, or just getting steaks and beer. Not sure how many pinheads there are around me, or if there is already something like this in place, but it seems like a great idea!

#2 11 years ago

Checkout this group:

http://groups.google.com/group/indiana-pinball-players-league?lnk=srg

We're in the midst of starting up something similar to what you've described with our first event slated to take place later this month. There was a tournament up in Lafayette back in December that many of us participated in.

Jeff

#3 11 years ago

I'm in castleton have some poker games here and there let me know if anything comes up via pm I only have avengers and scared stiff though so

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from bouncerclub:

I'm in castleton have some poker games here and there let me know if anything comes up via pm I only have Avengers and Scared Stiff though so

You have an Avengers already? How cool! I just have T2, myself. I'm at 106th and Lantern Road.

#5 11 years ago

Awesome I work at 86th and college but live on the Southeast side of town. I only have a couple of machines. Definitely go to that google group there are several pinballers in indy and they are trying to organize so the is the best place to do it.

#6 11 years ago

I think every major city needs a pinball club. Forums like this help, but nothing beats meeting other pinbheads in real life.

#7 11 years ago

I'm interested. Keep me on your list of Indy pinsiders.

#8 11 years ago

Hmmmm......I have some people on here wanting me to keep in touch with them, and others saying I should join the existing group on Google! LOL! Not sure what to do! I guess I was just looking for 3 or 4 pinsiders close to me to play pinball with, at our homes or arcade, etc...

Maybe we can make a smaller sub-group!

#9 11 years ago

The next league for main street amusements is starting up on january 15th. About an hour from indianapolis....

#10 11 years ago

That is completely up to how you wanna handle it. I have met many fine people and gotten to play many nice games I may not have gotten the chance to if not for the group. But the group is just about talking pinball locally and hanging out. Its not like you have to invite everyone ever but they are a nice place to meet Indy pinballers. Some on that group are from further away like Lafayette or Columbus.

1 month later
    #11 11 years ago

Hello fellow Wizards and Pinheads, I was directed here after inquiring about pin locations in Indianapolis. I recently moved to Indy and have been painstakingly searching the area for pins to play and have so far been fruitless in my search. I know there is a great location in Lafayette to play, the problem is the trip is a little far to make all the time. I was really wondering if there were any locations in Indy that have pins and a pint. Cheers.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from DudeMcAwesome:

Hello fellow Wizards and Pinheads, I was directed here after inquiring about pin locations in Indianapolis. I recently moved to Indy and have been painstakingly searching the area for pins to play and have so far been fruitless in my search. I know there is a great location in Lafayette to play, the problem is the trip is a little far to make all the time. I was really wondering if there were any locations in Indy that have pins and a pint. Cheers.

I wish! Truth is......it's all Lafayette these days!

#13 11 years ago

Napabar, I have seen on google that there is a drive in in Indy called Tibbs that may have a few pins. According to their website, they start showing movies on march 22nd which is 2 weeks from now. This seems like a perfect opportunity for a get together of local pinheads both play some silverball and catch a drive in movie.

If I can confirm that Tibbs still has some machines, would this be something you are interested in?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-area-pinball-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.